The Medical Assistant will be responsible to assist in the delivery of daily health care and patient care management. This position is responsible for the patient care support duties, various clinical and administrative tasks, assisting the office health care team with specific treatments and/or procedures.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting patients to the exam room, preparing patients for examinations and obtaining & recording pre-examination testing to include: height, weight, BMI and vital signs.
- Performing delegated clinical tasks which include: vital signs, urine collection, blood collection, injections, electrocardiograms and routine dressing changes.
- Assisting the health care team with specific treatments and procedures.
- Administering and documenting specified injections as directed by the facility’s policies.
- Documenting all clinical care provided in the facility’s EMR in a thorough and timely manner.
- Providing appropriate follow-up communications with the health care team and patients.
- Performing minor housekeeping tasks to keep the office and clinic areas in a clean and sanitary condition.
Education and Experience:
- A graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant program, preferred and/or a minimum of one year of professional office, customer service or patient care experience.
- If certified/registered, must provide proof that certification/registration is through a national agency.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, proper judgement, and appropriate employee/patient relations.
- Must be highly motivated and willing to assume additional jobs and duties as needed.
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database products.
- Ability to read, write and explain information to patients and/or family members.
- Ability to provide customer service in a warm and friendly manner.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Must be able to function independently.