Come join the team at Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West - a UNESCO world heritage site and one of the most frequently visited travel destinations in Arizona!
Sharply focused on ensuring our local, regional, national, and international audiences feel welcome to explore, engage in, understand and financially support the historic spaces of Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin and Taliesin West, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation inspires people to discover and embrace an architecture for better living through meaningful connection to nature, the arts and each other. In Wright's own words, our vision is "to make life more beautiful, the world a better one for living in, and to give reason, rhyme and meaning to life."
The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation is looking for a Custodial/Janitorial Technician I to perform a variety of cleaning duties in and around Taliesin West, one of America’s most important historic architectural sites and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The Custodial/Janitorial Tech ensures clean, orderly, and attractive conditions as specified by the Director of Preservation and that are in accordance with our facilities infection control practices. Working within a team environment on individual and group assignments, this position requires attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, and a commitment to safety.
* On a daily basis safely performs tasks as outlined in the Housekeeping Manual and /or performs tasks as directed by Director of Preservation or designee. Typical tasks include but are not limited to:
* Cleaning general public use areas including offices, retail store, restrooms, classrooms, and locker rooms.
* Cleaning historic spaces and dusting collection objects using proper conservation techniques as directed.
* Sweeping, scrubbing, waxing, and/or polishing floors using brooms, mops, and any other applicable tools.
* Emptying wastebaskets and transporting trash and recycling to disposal area.
* Dusting and polishing furniture, fixtures, and equipment as needed.
* Cleaning rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers as directed.
* Routine disinfecting of high-touch surfaces to ensure adherence to Facilities Infection Control Policy
* Reports any maintenance concerns, need for repairs, and/or safety concerns on site to the Director of Preservation.
* Responds in a timely fashion to emergency housekeeping requests.
* Safely operates Foundation vehicles as needed to perform essential functions of position.
* Assists with guest room preparations by doing laundry, cleaning guest rooms, making beds, etc., as needed.
* Assists Facilities staff with duties as directed.
* Other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or GED.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Any combination of training or experience relevant to the performance of the position.
· Ability to report to work in a timely manner and adhere to scheduled shifts.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
· Ability to work as a member of a team as well as with minimal supervision.
· Ability to determine the proper tools and equipment needed to perform job correctly.
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to interact appropriately with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels, including tour guests.
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions.
· Six months’ experience in a housekeeping or janitorial position.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
· Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and consistently talk or hear; and rarely taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and use up to an 8-foot ladder. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· Work environment: Taliesin West is located on several hundred acres of natural desert vegetation with occasional exposure to wildlife native to the area. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The conditions include but are not limited to cold, high heat, sun exposure, working in rain/wet conditions, working in windy conditions, etc.
· The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
· OSHA Risk Classification for COVID-19 Exposure: Lower Risk (Caution): This position has minimal occupational contact with the public and other co-workers and is therefore determined to fall within the Lower Risk category as defined by OSHA. To further minimize risk, employees are required to follow the Foundation's Safe and Healthy Workplace guidelines and related personal and facility infection control policies.
The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.