The goal of the Account Specialist is to prepare our partners to move from volume to value.
The work of the Account Specialist includes working directly with both Alliance internal program teams and network partners within our New York Performing Provider System to support achievement of NYS transformation efforts.
Account Specialists will work with the Project and Transformation Partners including partner administrators, practice managers & clinical staff as appropriate to assist with practice transformation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead Account Management for several clinical and non-clinical network partners providing support and technical assistance, to assist partners meeting Alliance’s DSRIP transformation goals.
- Support transformation efforts of clinical and non-clinical network partners through implementing change management techniques to drive performance of the network
- Maintain data driven decision making and leverage multiple data sources to design and implement partner Action plans.
- Build collaborative relationships with assigned participating Behavioral Health organizations within the Alliance for Better Health network.
- Conducting partner risk and needs assessments and provide strategic development of plans aligning partner performance with the Alliance and DSRIP Program goals. Including, monitoring partner performance outcomes, developing strategy to design and develop ROI for service models, and support partner knowledge and understanding of Performance Data in DSRIP
- Assist in establishing coordinated workflows throughout the behavioral health, primary care and substance abuse community to meet performance measures and improve quality of care delivery.
- Management of day-to-day operations of DSRIP initiatives at implementation sites, working closely with and supporting both internal and external project stakeholders to facilitate timely and effective completion of deliverables.
- Become knowledgeable in the DSRIP Quality Measures, performance goals and health care landscape, including NYS Behavioral Health regulations and Value Based Payment
- Establish credibility throughout the PPS as an effective problem solver; be viewed as approachable and as a mentor on behavioral health issues.
- Participate in long range planning, establishment of goals and objectives to facilitate the delivery of quality patient care
- Attend and participate in a variety of inter and intra-Agency meetings, conferences/workshops, and other professional exchanges to represent behavioral health and substance abuse services.
- Model Lean management and implement appropriate tools for process improvement
- Clearly articulate Alliance vision, mission and goals to partners
- Maintain current knowledge and understanding of Medicaid and state and local transformation including DSRIP Triple Aim, and Value Based Purchasing
- Understand Resource Availability: tech, analytic, initiative and field assets for how specific savings drivers fit into big picture goals of value-based payment in general and DSRIP.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of task activities and/or duties that are required of the employee for this job. Responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in health or social services related field required with experience working in clinical setting preferred. Master’s Degree Preferred
- Equivalent work experience in a related field may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
- Minimum of 2-6 years’ experience in mental health or progressive industry/relevant experience required.
- Experience engaging and maintaining partner relationships
- Clinical process, documentation and performance improvement and technical skills related to EHR systems implementation preferred.
- Experience implementing and ensuring compliance to Join Commission, Office of Mental Health, and Department of Health regulations
- Experience interacting and negotiating with executive leadership, medical leadership, as well as front-line staff.
- Familiar with principles of quality assurance and performance improvement Working knowledge of Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program goals.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Ability to perform in a team-based environment with dedication to support co-workers
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining focus on key goals.
• Sound clinical knowledge and familiarity with DSRIP and Value Based Purchasing.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills (i.e., public presentation skills).
• Exceptional interpersonal communication and team-building skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and activities on a routine basis, with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement techniques.
• Familiarity with process mapping and work-flow analysis tools.
• Excellent computer skills and willingness to learn additional software applications.