Come join the team at Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin West - a UNESCO world heritage site and one of the most frequently visited travel destinations in Arizona!
Sharply focused on ensuring our local, regional, national, and international audiences feel welcome to explore, engage in, understand and financially support the historic spaces of Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesin and Taliesin West, the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation inspires people to discover and embrace an architecture for better living through meaningful connection to nature, the arts and each other. In Wright's own words, our vision is "to make life more beautiful, the world a better one for living in, and to give reason, rhyme and meaning to life."
The Museum Store Sales Associate position at the Frank Lloyd Wright Store at Taliesin West is responsible for generating sales, facilitating store operations, and ensuring an outstanding customer experience. In this part time role within a museum-type setting, duties include engaging audience in conversation about the distinctive selection of merchandise, building and maintaining customer relationships, capturing sales and customer book, operating retail computer programs, assisting with special orders, and opening and closing the store. As a key member of a team dedicated to ensuring that every guest to Taliesin West is engaged and feels welcome, the Sales Associate often creates relationships beyond the episodic, transactional nature of store sales; as such, the selected candidate will demonstrate an inviting, enthusiastic, approachable demeanor. This position is seasonal (September-June) but the successful incumbent has potential to move into an ongoing (non-seasonal) role as operational needs expand.
- Create an outstanding buying experience for each customer served.
- Provide a superior level of customer service including greeting and handling inquiries from customers.
- Ensure proper product knowledge including knowledge of Frank Lloyd Wright and the Foundation.
- Demonstrate ability to learn and use POS system as needed to process customer purchases, returns, availability inquiries, and payment receipts.
- Ensure adequate stock levels are maintained on sales floor, organize, restock, and straighten up store when necessary.
- Perform tasks such as light dusting, cleaning of shelves and glass display cases and other light organizing or cleaning tasks to ensure the space is presentable for operation.
- Perform opening or closing duties as assigned or needed, which includes opening and closing POS and store.
- Maintain positive working relationships with a diverse population.
- Ensure that all company policies, standards, and procedures are consistently followed and that the store embodies the Foundation's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years of experience in a retail sales environment or similar fast paced, customer-service-oriented environment
- Outstanding people skills, positive attitude and professional yet approachable demeanor that supports "service with a smile!"
- Knowledge of art, design, fashion, museum stores preferred; awareness of local environment as often acquired through Arizona residency and tourism a plus. Demonstrative enthusiasm for Frank Lloyd Wright and/or the field of architecture also preferred.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building positive working relationships.
- Ability to work assigned schedule up to 25 hours a week which includes weekends and some evenings and to adhere to attendance requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and maintain physical stamina while walking; occasionally sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and consistently talk or hear; and rarely taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- OSHA Risk Classification for COVID-19 Exposure: Medium Risk: This position requires frequent/close contact with the public and other co-workers and is therefore determined to fall within the Medium Risk category as defined by OSHA. To further minimize risk, employees are required to follow the Foundation's Safe and Healthy Workplace guidelines and related personal and facility infection control policies.
The Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.