2-1-1 Contact Center Specialist
As part of our 2-1-1 contact center, you will assess callers’ needs and provide referrals tocommunity resources.You will help CT residents in need of general information, food, shelter, and mental healthcrisis intervention.With your help, we can and improve and save lives.
The Pay & Benefits: $20.50 per hour pay rate PLUS shift differential;
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution (approximately $3,400 annually)
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year – you begin accruing immediately!
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Generous health benefits including 80% company-paid health insurance and deductible
- Tuition reimbursement (after 1 year)
The Hours: Various shifts available:
- Sunday through Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday through Thursday, 2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Sunday through Thursday, 10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.
- Tuesday through Saturday, 2:00 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Tuesday through Saturday, 10:00 p.m. - 6:00 a.m.
- Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field plus one year’s human services experience preferred, or Associate’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or related field plus three years’ experience in human services or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Internship and volunteer experience is considered.
- Ability to handle a high call volume in a fast-paced contact center environment.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to simultaneously listen to callers, accurately enter call data via keyboarding, and toggle between databases.
- Strong service and problem-solving focus and ability to diffuse difficult callers, even while under pressure.
- Ability to meet key performance metrics.
- Ability to relate well with people from diverse groups.
- Must be willing and able to report to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be able to work additional hours off-shift, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in day-to-day duties.
- Ability to follow strict guidelines regarding verification and authorization.
- After one year of employment, achieves certification as an Information and Referral Specialist.
- Bilingual English/Spanish and call center experience desired.
- Ability to perform job with integrity and values consistent with the UWC Mission.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS September 6, 2021
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, United Way of Connecticut, Inc. desires priority referrals of protected veterans for positions at its location at 1344 Silas Deane Hwy, Rocky Hill, CT 06067. Any questions may be referred to Recruitment@ctunitedway.org.
United Way of Connecticut is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.