Director, Business Development
Full time; Remote (preference in New York City, San Francisco, or Cincinnati)
Travel Required: 25% client visits and conferences
LendKey is solving a complex challenge – to improve lives with lending made simple – by helping financial institutions compete in the digital age through efficient and transparent access to quality loan production. LendKey works with hundreds of credit unions and banks and has conducted over $4.5BN in loan sales and originations across its platform.
LendKey is looking for a dynamic, results-oriented leader who will be responsible for developing our relationships with key Fintech partners supporting our new-to-market product ALIRO by LendKey©. ALIRO is a private deal network to buy, sell and broker loans, which enables financial institutions and their partners to seamlessly transact with one another on a recurring basis. The platform digitally manages the forward flow of loan sales and participations while performing servicing, payment remittance and performance reporting functions, effectively linking scalable networks of deposit-based funding partners to high-growth fintech originators. Working closely with the COO and VP, Business Development, the Director, Business Development is responsible for identifying, developing, and successfully launching programs with strategic partners in a timely manner.
This role will own visible and dynamic relationships with large, high-growth Fintech partners across a multitude of asset classes capable of producing tens to hundreds of millions in loan origination and transaction volume each month. ALIRO presents a unique opportunity to connect financial institutions and Fintechs through new transaction structures and innovative technology. Each day is different, and it is expected that this role would build an impressive network of contacts at both financial institutions and Fintechs across industry verticals as well as the country.
What You’ll Be Doing
· Quickly become an expert in the ALIRO platform’s current and future functions as well as potential capabilities. Maintain in-depth knowledge of the platform, competitive positioning, and industry trends
· Develop a target list of Fintech firms who will become key partners or clients for ALIRO’s future growth
· Connect deeply into the Fintech ecosystem to build relationships and prospect key decision-makers to ensure early engagement
· Collaborate cross-functionally with leaders across the business to identify strategies to increase pipeline and new opportunity creation
· Screen potential partnerships by analyzing market strategies and revenue potential
· Effectively portray the ALIRO platform and its benefits to prospective partners
· Identify and convert insights and prospect feedback into optimized sales processes and client lifecycle planning
· Drive creation of asset sale marketing collateral templates and GTM plans based on data-driven research and platform user feedback
· Drive implementation team to successfully execute client launches on-time
· Capture, track and analyze all BD activities within Salesforce and turn the engagements into insights and measurable actions
· Collect business and market intelligence to report back to sales, product, and operations teams
· Maintain and grow existing partnerships with consistent communication
What we’re looking for:
Candidates should have a desire to work for a mission-based organization with a strong emphasis on both providing exceptional customer service and our core values: Truthful at all times; Helpful to teammates, clients, and customers; Present, committed & engaged to their teams and work; and Driven to be courageous to make an impact in everything they do.
· 5+ years of experience working in financial services in a sales/partnerships or product development capacity (Fintech’s, community financial institutions, capital markets)
· Experience managing projects with input from cross-functional teams (technical and non-technical) required
· Deep attention to detail and ability to deliver clear and concise insights and recommendations
· Ability to understand complex technical ecosystems and interactions between financial institutions
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an ability to reduce complex concepts to digestible ones
· Strong interest in the rapidly growing Fintech environment and desire to contribute to Fintech innovation
· Must be a pro-active self-starter and able to operate in a team environment
· Ability to flourish in a fast paced and challenging environment
· Existing network of relationships with Fintech’s, community financial institutions, or both, preferred
· Experience with Salesforce, Microsoft Office Suite (especially Excel) preferred
· Experience in consumer or commercial lending and a general understanding of underwriting, regulatory compliance, and secondary market loan sale processes preferred