The target geographic location for this position is our HQ in Carmel, IN. If needed, this position can report to our regional offices in Boston, MA, or Chicago, IL.
The primary role of this Closing Manager, Tax Credit Equity position is to coordinate legal due diligence for qualifying Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) properties under Section 42 of the Internal Revenue Code. The qualified candidate must be able to effectively communicate with third party lenders, borrowers, counsel, title companies and internal personnel.
Assist with the real estate closing of LIHTC projects in an efficient and timely manner on behalf of Merchants Capital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect, review, and organize due diligence items customary to a LIHTC property real estate closing, which may include but are not limited to, title, survey, organizational documents, loan documents, insurance certificates, environmental reports, etc.
- Coordinate internal approvals.
- Interface with third parties during the closing process.
- Assist in preparing Investment Committee packages.
- Assist in preparing closing packages for a transition of projects.
- Other duties requested by the VP, Closing.
- Analyze and update financial projections
Expected Experience, Skills and Education:
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to effectively manage and administer sensitive and confidential information
· Strong initiative and work ethic
· Effective organizational skills with attention to detail
All employees are expected to contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing requested duties regardless of explicit inclusion in the job description or reasonable relation to an employee’s primary role. Additionally, all employees must understand and adhere to all federal and state laws and banking regulations and company policies and procedures applicable to assigned job responsibilities, including compliance as appropriate under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations.
Additionally, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following Core Competencies:
Professionalism – acting with responsibility, integrity and accountability; demonstrating consistent trustworthiness and reliability; always remaining flexible, adaptable and willing to accept coaching; building and managing professionally healthy relationships; deliberately managing career decisions; and continually developing awareness of business-related topics.
Communication – understanding various active and passive tools and styles and their effects; and exhibiting appropriate, effective, timely use of tools and styles to connect, collaborate, facilitate teamwork and serve customers.
Work Quality – demonstrating an ongoing commitment to compliance, safety and security; executing work with efficiency, a sense of urgency and attention to detail; and displaying organized work practices and a results-oriented mindset.
Analytical Ability – navigating work-related circumstances with practical, sound reasoning; and demonstrating creativity in problem solving.
Leadership – displaying good judgment and certainty in decision making; taking initiative with job-related demands; demonstrating innovative thinking and sound planning with business practices; managing individual performance toward shared organizational goals; and thinking strategically to set and accomplish goals.
Merchants Bancorp and its affiliates and subsidiaries are committed to being equal opportunity employers. All job candidates and incumbents will be assessed based on only criteria relevant to successfully performing the job as defined in this job description and as generally accepted in the job’s relevant industries.