Well organized, detail oriented, and proactive professional sought to provide a range of administrative support for senior leadership. This position is responsible for assisting one to three senior leaders by coordinating schedules and meetings, assisting with the timely management of projects, anticipating and resolving departmental needs, and identifying and executing on opportunities to centralize administrative activities to enable other staff to focus on core duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Meet expectations and requirements of internal and external stakeholders. Act with customers in mind, establish and maintain effective relationships. Gain trust and respect.
· Proactively provide scheduling support and coordination for assigned senior leadership, including coordination of meetings, appointments and travel arrangements with minimal input and direction.
· Prepare timesheets, expense reports and credit card statements per company guidelines.
· Prepare written responses to routine inquiries.
· Identify requirements for meetings and events, and arrange appropriate support, including agendas and schedules, researching venues, securing reservations, determining menus – all requiring an elevated attention to detail. Arrange conference calls, schedule meetings and receive visitors.
· Anticipate business and client service needs, demonstrate resourcefulness and out of the box thinking. Streamline administrative tasks and activities.
· Coordinate and attend internal and external meetings. Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings as requested.
· Assist leaders to develop project management tools to support department activities, address interdependencies, keep to milestones, and provide progress reports where appropriate.
· Handle requests for information and data. Use tools and technology effectively to perform research, gather and interpret data and create reports.
· Prepare, assemble, format, and modify documents including correspondence, briefing materials, reports, drafts, memos and emails. Revise, edit and proofread various documents with keen attention to detail.
· Cross-train with Administrative Support Clerical Staff to cover duties during absences, as well as support a corporate workflow pool process.
· Attend meetings and trainings as required.
· Perform special projects and assume responsibilities as assigned.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS and COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required for a general or specific area. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Required competencies include, but are not limited to:
· Committed to continuously improving oneself. Works to deploy strengths and works on compensating for weaknesses and limitations
· Learns quickly. Open to change. Analyzes both successes and failures for improvement opportunities
· Relates well to all kinds of people. Builds rapport, uses diplomacy and tact. Exceptional communication skills. Can diffuse high tension situations comfortably
· Makes decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information under tight deadlines
· Marshalls resources (people, materials and support) to get things done. Meets deadlines, prioritizes assignments, and handles multiple activities and tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong initiative, eagerness to lead and ability to work independently while being a team player.
· Excellent writing and proofreading abilities.
· Ability to discern highly confidential materials and documents and maintains confidentiality.
· Has critical thinking skills and the ability to resolve complex problems. Proactively anticipate issues, propose solutions and communicate timely.
· Ability to change plans to deal with changing situations
· Demonstrate impeccable professionalism at all times.
· Advanced level ability to utilize Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
Post-secondary degree or credential(s) in an associated field, combined with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in an administrative role is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted. Experience within a non-profit environment is desired, but not required.
CONTRACT POSITION: This is a one-year position that includes healthcare benefits.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Not applicable.
LICENSES: Valid State of Michigan Driver’s License – Position requires field work.
OTHER: Background check and drug screen required.