Performs daily course maintenance responsibilities and is the point of contact for course maintenance staff in the absence of Superintendent. Ensures that turf grass is repaired and maintained to established standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
- Assists with preparing the course for daily play.
- Rake the bunkers
- Cut and trim golf course greens, tees, fairways and roughs
- Assists with watering
- Cuts grass and trims weeds using hand mower or power driven lawn mower, weed trimmer and brush cutter.
- Pulls weeds around bushes, trees and flower beds.
- Performs general landscape maintenance using hand held equipment.
- Operators all machinery.
- Operates, maintains, and repairs a complex irrigation system, including leaks on the distribution lines, valve risers, electrical system, and computer and irrigation control wire.
- Routinely inspects irrigation system components to ensure system is operating properly.
- Responsible for winterization and blowout of irrigation system, including all water lines, valves, and pump stations.
- Assists with golf course set up procedures.
- Operates utility vehicles for hauling material and removing debris.
- Performs general labor and cleaning related to golf course maintenance equipment.
- Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs and bunkers.
- Ensures all grounds and course maintenance equipment is properly maintained.
- Assists superintendent in all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, trees and other facilities on the golf course.
- Records all maintenance on course.
- Maintains course in proper playing condition.
- Communicates as necessary with other departments to discuss conditions of facilities, maintenance plans and scheduled events.
- Assists with snow removal.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to work extended hours during golf season.
Experience with pipe fitting, landscaping, pesticide application, and/or light equipment operation preferred. Pesticide Applicator license strongly preferred; required within 90- days of hire.