The Industrial Eng. / Continuous Improvement role will be responsible for helping lead efforts in conjunction with leadership to increase productivity and maximize efficiency (Distribution, warehouse, production areas, etc.). They will provide expertise in leading LEAN initiatives, identifying process improvement opportunities, quantifying results and trends, and directing teams to achieve desired results. They will work closely with all levels of leadership and employees to support the analysis, planning, design, implementation and evaluation of key projects and continuous improvement strategies to help Schluter Systems, LP. achieve its rapid growth goals.
Visual Management boards
Kanban system strategies – for inventory and non-inventory material
Work station design / 5S
Eliminating Waste and non-value add
Problem solving issues and detractors (root cause)
May involve some travel for multi-site warehouse and distribution improvement project
Ability to analyze performance and identify and drive opportunities for improvement.
• 2-4 year degree Industrial Technology or Engineering or equivalent desired
• 0-3+ years’ experience working in Warehouse / Distribution environment depending on education.
• Experienced in Continuous improvement.
• A “hands-on” self-starter, detail oriented, with strong communication and organizational skills.
• Excellent people and project management skills.
• Strong understanding of warehouse and distribution
• Experience in working, teaching, coaching, and motivating people at all positions (hourly to executive)
• Active listener with the ability to observe and ask questions to understand the situation / problems and be supportive and non-judgmental at all times
• Lead by example – “Walk the talk.”
• Strong Problem solving and root cause decision making experience required
• Very Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.) and ability to learn new computer systems.
• Experience in using data to align and educate organization.