As one of the pre-eminent Lending as a Service (LaaS) companies, Vervent sets the global standard for outperformance by delivering superior expertise, future-built technology, and meaningful services. We support our industry-leading partners with primary strategic services including Loan & Lease Servicing, Call Center Services, Backup Servicing/Capital Markets Support, Credit Card Servicing, and Card Marketing & Customer Acquisition. Vervent empowers companies to accelerate business, drive compliance, and maximize service.
General Position Summary:
The Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for working with team members and other subject matter experts in drafting, editing and final formatting of training and course curriculum across various topics. Curriculum work may include conducting research, combining client related materials and drafting facilitators guides and associated materials.
Here are the top 3 things we're looking for in a candidate for this position, in this order. If you have this experience and are looking for an awesome, fast-growing team, we want to meet you!
1. People Skill - listening, problem solving, communication, and patience
• Medical - Blue Shield
• FSA & HSA options available
• Dental - Metlife
• Vision - Metlife - 100% paid by Vervent
• 401k - 100% vested once you start contributing. Generous company match!
• EAP (Employee Assistance Program) - 100% paid by Vervent
• Basic Life & AD&D - 100% paid by Vervent
• Voluntary Life - Employee, spouse & dependents
• Long-Term Disability - 100% paid by Vervent
• Short-Term Disability
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Accident Insurance
• Hospital Indemnity Insurance
• Legal Services
• Pet Insurance
- Design and develop company’s operational curriculum.
- Deliver operations training as needed to ensure strong service to our customers, adherence to client requirements, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain library of training modules and materials insuring tools and guides are up to date and relevant.
- Develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities.
- Manage the revision of curriculum to ensure course material reflects product features, meets new training requirements, and includes most current information.
- Direct the planning, attraction, selection, retention, and development of the required professional talent across multiple sites.
- Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Work closely with compliance to ensure all quality assurance and training processes exceed compliance expectations.
- Analyze and investigate all quality processes and results, recommend, design, implement and validate improvements to all aspects of training curriculum.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s in organizational development, Education, Communications, or related field required.
- 2+ years of experience in technical writing or curriculum developing, designing and delivering training.
- Travel up to 50% of the time to multiple offices.
- Must possess proven presentation skills with the ability to collaborate across business lines.
- Must have exceptional writing skills.
- Demonstrates professional judgement and discretion.
- Strong communication skills with ability to modulate style, content, and format for required audience.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment
The work is of an intellectual nature. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is required to stand and sit for prolonged periods. Specific vision abilities required include close and medium distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to hear normal sounds, distinguish sound as voice and communicate through human speech. This position requires the ability to operate a keyboard, computer mouse, telephone, fax, copier, writing tools, and other standard office equipment. On an occasion, an employee will be asked to lift items weighing up to 35 lbs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.