We are not your typical financial advisor, and we are not looking for the typical candidate. We are a team of authentic, humble, passionate, reliable, dedicated, and compassionate individuals. Our goal is to find and reward great people who will further enhance our collaborative work environment. Our passion for providing industry-leading service to our clients is what drives us. We are looking for team members that can make us even better!
For almost three decades, Dowling & Yahnke has been part of a revolution in wealth management — world-class, transparent, and fee-only financial advice driven by personal relationships and free of competing incentives.
We started our firm for a simple reason — it was the right thing to do. Others have copied our model, but we continue to lead the industry through a commitment to continuous education, a time-tested and academically supported investment philosophy, an unwavering dedication to our clients, and a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
For these reasons, Dowling & Yahnke is one of the largest registered investment advisors in San Diego, managing over $5 billion for more than 1,300 clients. We serve high-net-worth clients by offering objective financial planning advice and discretionary investment management.
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, and experienced Client Service Specialist to join our team, reporting to Staci Harris, Client Service Manager. The successful candidate will possess exceptional attention to detail, as well as a strong command of the English language with emphasis on writing, grammar, and punctuation. The Client Service Specialist is expected to make a direct impact to the business by onboarding clients, working with Lead Advisors to support the needs of our clients, and acting as a liaison with our custodian, always delivering superior customer service.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position has the option to work from home full-time until January 2022, when all employees will be required to work onsite, with some flexibility for certain positions. Disclosure of vaccination status is required as a condition of employment; all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated as of January 2022, unless approved for a religious or medical accommodation.
· Manage onboarding of new clients: prepare custodial paperwork to facilitate initial account investment, establish accounts with custodian, and reconcile holdings and cost basis on new and transferred accounts
· Communicates directly with clients to provide assistance with requests
· Acts as the liaison between the custodian and the Lead Advisor/Executive Assistants to assist with service requests.
· Assists with processing of client funds and securities
· Facilitate requests for gifting: includes charitable gifts, qualified charitable distributions
· Monitor custodial alerts for processing
· Perform general support to Lead Advisors, including reports generation, and other paperwork
· Maintain client accounts, records, and systems in accordance with firm standards
· Perform reconciliation of internal accounting system with custodians
· Research and resolve client inquiries in a timely manner; escalate more complex issues to more senior staff or manager
· Review daily reports and alerts to ensure data integrity
· Develop and maintain procedures and training materials
· Educate clients via Digital Concierge service on account services and capabilities
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum one (1) to three (3) years work experience in Financial Services; working knowledge of operations in a Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) firm highly preferred
- Experience utilizing Charles Schwab Advisor Center, DocuSign, Tamarac, and Salesforce CRM, a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required, including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and business writing
- Proficient in all MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Professional, personable, tactful, efficient, and self-motivated.
- Collaborative, creative, team player, and problem-solver.
- Strong interpersonal skills and sense of teamwork valued.
- Strong organizational skills, multitasking, accuracy, service-minded, and meticulous adherence to details required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
This position is non-exempt and is paid according to the laws of the State of California.
Dowling & Yahnke offers a competitive salary, as well as a comprehensive benefits package and retirement plan. The chosen candidate will be required to successfully complete a full background/credit check at the offer stage.
Dowling & Yahnke, LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. No relocation assistance is offered for this position; candidates not residing in San Diego County, CA will be responsible for relocation at their own expense. Eligible candidates will be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States without support; sponsorship is not available.