At Asurint, we’re building a leading information-based technology company in Cleveland, Ohio. Asurint is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing innovation, flexibility and personal ownership to background screening – all while addressing the changing regulatory landscape. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the positive onboarding experience of their employees. We are succeeding because they succeed.
The Software Architect is responsible for the overall system design, architecture, development, scalability, performance, monitoring, and runtime environment of the Company’s platform.
- Creates proof of concepts and prototypes to validate new technologies and/or architecture.
- Researches and recommends new emerging technologies that will benefit the Company.
- Creates and enforces departmental standards ensuring that software meets all established quality, security, modifiability, and extensibility requirements.
- Trains developers on new technologies, processes, procedures, and provides technical guidance to Engineering teams.
- Creates written functional and non-functional requirements for new software and applications.
- Provides technical support of the technology platform [include evenings or weekend support].
- Assists with building, testing, deploying, and monitoring software across all environments.
- Performs system design, architecture design, and code reviews/pull requests with an eye towards CI/CD.
- Performs full-stack software development on Windows, web, and/or mobile applications.
- Provides input to the overall software development lifecycle.
- Performs pragmatic test-driven development to ensure software development quality.
- Deploys tested code into all environments, including production.
- Other duties as required.
- Extensive experience developing enterprise applications in Kotlin/Java/JVM utilizing a micro service/message-based architecture.
- Experience in designing and implementing enterprise-scale products is required.
- Experience in designing and implementing enterprise-scale integrations to various external platforms is required.
- Experience in cloud-based technologies is required.
- Experience in the Google Cloud Platform and its available services is preferred.
- Experience in DevOps and the tooling around orchestrating web applications into Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience in message-based systems is required (Kafka preferred).
- Experience in relational databases is required (PostgreSQL is preferred)
- Experience in public API development is required (GraphQL is required, however exposure to other API and integration toolsets is preferred).
- Experience in middleware technologies is preferred (MuleSoft preferred).
- Experience documenting and communicating high level and detailed software architectures and working with developers and teams to develop these architectures is required.
- Experience in networks and network topology is preferred.
- Experience in virtualization and windows server technology is preferred.
- Experience in software development lifecycle tools JIRA and Confluence is preferred.
- Experience with the legal/court system is preferred.
- Experience with background screening is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Relevant business management systems such as general ledger, HRIS, CRM, etc. is preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Years of relevant experience: 10+ years is required
- The work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of offices, which includes the need for general safe workplace practices with office equipment and computers, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
- Employee must be able to perform the essential duties of their position without accommodation. Employees who may require a job accommodation should contact human resources.
- The noise level in on-site work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- This position is performed in a remote or office setting although on-site meetings in various settings may occur.
- The schedule is generally normal business hours although there is a requirement to perform work, attend meetings and events before or after normal workings hours, and occasionally on weekends and evenings.
- Lift light objects [less than 20 pounds] and carry them short distances [20 feet or less] may be required when on-site.
In exchange for your unique abilities, perspectives & teamwork, ASURINT offers an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical/Dental & Vision effective first day of employment
- Paid Time Off & eight company paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Learning and Development programs
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Business Casual Attire
- Employee Referral Bonus
*Asurint is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.