We are seeking a dynamic Executive Assistant to join our team!
Nestled in 25 acres of beautiful gardens, Philbrook Museum of Art is a 1920s Italianate Villa featuring a dynamic and ambitious program of rotating exhibitions and galleries with selections from an actively growing collection of approximately 16,000 objects. With artworks from Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe dating from 3,000 BCE to today, Philbrook is Oklahoma’s most comprehensive art museum and offers visitors a glimpse into a broad range of cultures, time periods, and perspectives. The diverse collection supports a vision of Philbrook as central to the lives of our community as a place for learning, inspiration, and fun. Through bold action and strategic investment, we create a space for new ideas, diverse perspectives, and social connection.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting the CEO/President in the day-to-day operations for the Office of the Director with internal and external communications, prioritizing deadlines and meetings, calendar management and scheduling. Overseeing a multitude of complex assignments of a critical and/or confidential nature, this position frequently exercises independent judgment and proactive decision making on behalf of the CEO/President based on knowledge of policies, procedures, and personnel. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison in communication with major donors, Executives, VIPs, various arts, and member organizations, as well as Board of Trustees, internal staff and external professionals.
- Manages office workflow for the Director to include, but not limited to daily scheduling, travel arrangements, special event planning, drafting correspondence, facilitating entertainment and/or hospitality events at on and off-site locations, press appointments, maintain institutional documents, and fundraising calls or meetings.
- Works with the Senior Staff in scheduling, coordinating, and facilitating contacts and correspondence with donors, members and vendors.
- Fields incoming calls and direct appropriately.
- Books travel arrangements and itineraries.
- Works with Chairman and CEO/President to schedule Trustee meetings, Executive Committee meetings, Trustee Orientation, general committee meetings and the Annual Membership Meetings.
- Responsible for preparing agendas and related support materials for meetings.
- Develops and maintain strong rapport with Board members, donors, internal staff, art organizations, VIP’s and executives.
- Develops and maintains master planning calendar; works as traffic coordinator to monitor project deadlines, interdepartmental communication, and program and exhibition coordination and implementation.
- Will take on special projects as assigned, including various writing and editing assignments.
- Maintain prompt and reliable attendance and timely communication to successfully perform functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an Executive office environment, or similar experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both interpersonal and group situations.
- Proven ability to independently edit and organize information for Director-level communications.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, Zoom and Slack.
- Ability to work independently and in group settings.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative without direction.
Salary & Benefits
- $45,000 - $55,000
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance Benefits – Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Plan
Philbrook provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.