Connect for Health has a great opportunity for a Product Owner.
Connect for Health Colorado is a public, non-profit entity established by the Colorado General Assembly in 2011 to create a health insurance Marketplace. Since 2013, we’ve been helping individuals, families and small employers compare plans, apply for financial help and buy health insurance. As Colorado’s official health insurance marketplace, we are the only place to apply for financial help to lower the monthly cost of premiums. Customers can shop online; get help by phone or online chat from Customer Service Center representatives; and access expert help from a statewide network of certified Brokers and community-based Assisters. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado. For more information: ConnectforHealthCO.com
The Product Owner is responsible for acting as the voice of the customer by setting the goals, functional needs, and priority for their assigned scrum team. The role will be responsible for daily prioritization of deliverables and requirements, risk mitigation and communication with the business and scrum teams.
· Responsible for partnering with business analysts to author and approve Epics and user stories, determine downstream and operational impacts as well as advocate for product needs in Agile ceremonies. Ensure requirements meet business, policy, compliance, and technical expectations.
· Refine and prioritize backlog including user stories, tasks, and bugs.
· Responsible for setting sprint goals and communicating the functional needs of customers and stakeholders.
·Responsible for informing and executing the product roadmap based on user needs, business objectives, and organizational priorities.
· Responsible for synchronizing with other Product Owners to identify product dependencies and ensure coordinated development efforts.
· Assist with consumer and stakeholder research to inform functional requirements and epic prioritization
· Adhere to and advocate for established agile principles with stakeholders and scrum teams.
·Support project management processes including stakeholder training and communication, risk management, status updates and project plans.
· Plan for upcoming releases by assigning work and coordinating efforts to assure deadlines are met and functionality is not missed
· Provide subject matter expertise on cross-functional projects and policy/business decisions.
· Lead, mentor, coach and develop business analysts. Responsible for managing and promoting professional development for team members as well as advocate for team needs and opportunities.
· Colorado resident.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
· 4-5 Years of business analytics/product management experience required.
· Agile SDLC experience required, waterfall preferred
· Experience working with Agile and SDLC tools such as JIRA, Zephyr and Trello preferred
· Experience leading teams, projects preferred
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Detail oriented and a creative problem solver
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Visio, and Excel
· Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced environment and be flexible and adaptable to change
· Able to work independently without day-to-day direction
· Team oriented with the ability to collaborate effectively with coworkers and scrum team
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of our system and highly sensitive information
· Knowledge of health insurance industry preferred
· Strong technical acumen and desire to grow a career within product development
· Currently working remotely
· The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the North Tech Center area of Denver, near the intersection of I-25 and I-225
· Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends, and evening events.
· Core office hours, typically 8am-5pm with some flexibility
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs. Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s 403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short- and long-term disability and life insurance. Hiring range for this position is $84,900 - $108,900.
To Apply: Please apply on our Career page at http://bit.ly/C4hcoHiring
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.