The Virginia Outdoors Foundation (VOF) seeks a Paralegal to assist our conservation programs. The position may work in our Blacksburg office or remotely within Virginia. Approximately 10% travel will be required for regional job duties, training, and staff meetings. The position is full time with a salary range between $40,000-$55,000, depending on experience. VOF offers excellent benefits including health, vision, dental, 401k, STD/LTD, FSA, life insurance, and a generous PTO plan. EEO/AA. The position closes September 24, 2021.
The Virginia Outdoors Foundation is a public foundation that works to protect Virginia’s natural resources for future generations and make safe access to the outdoors more available for everyone. Open spaces help to build stronger communities, and also have a direct correlation to health, education, economic, and general well- being. We value partnerships with landowners, community organizations, government agencies, and business leaders as we all work to make Virginia a better place to live, work, and play.
- Assist with real estate process and review of title insurance commitment and surveys for real estate transactions (conservation easements)
- Ordering third-party services related to surveys, environmental site assessments, title searches, policy commitments and appraisals
- Assisting with the preparation of other due diligence items
- Reviewing due diligence checklists and closing documents
- Follow closing documents through process
- Conducting general internet research
- Completing general post-recording project tasks including mailings and filing
- Updating internal tracking sheets and managing filing systems both electronic and physical files
- Data-entry for production of invoices
- Overall support to the Conservation Program, including meeting planning and document preparation, and additional tasks for program staff
- Supervise interns/work study students on a variety of administrative tasks
- General office management tasks
- Three years legal secretary/paralegal, title and escrow specialist or equivalent experience required
- Detail oriented with strong organization and time management skills
- Aptitude and willingness to work on complex work flow procedures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate potentially detailed and complex information to others
- Ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously and willingness to work extra hours as needed
- Problem-solving, analytical and research skills necessary
- Motivated self-starter with a positive attitude
- Willingness to work both independently and as a part of a team in a deadline-driven environment
- Commitment to professional growth and development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and an aptitude for quickly learning various other programs.
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC including designing forms
- Experience with records management and business office systems
- Executive Assistant experience a plus
- Paralegal Certificate and experience a plus
- Some experience with QuickBooks or other electronic accounting system
- Must be a problem solver with a “Can do” attitude
Cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references required as part of online application.
Reasonable Accommodation: During the selection process, applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation.
The Virginia Outdoors Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability.
Covid-19 protocols: The Virginia Outdoors Foundation is required to follow Executive Directive 18. Based on the Directive, all VOF employees must show proof of Covid-19 vaccine or submit to weekly Covid-19 testing.
Questions or requests related to the position can be emailed to the Human Resources Manager, Sara Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position closes September 24, 2021