Toyon is seeking individuals with experience in ground testing that supports aerodynamic, structural, shock/vibration and aerothermodynamic activities. The ideal candidate will design wind-tunnel and ground tests based on requirements, plan and oversee model fabrication activities, conduct and organize pre-test activities, conduct facility integration and performance analyses, execute tests, conduct post-test analysis and report results. The candidate must have a strong background in hypersonic flow characteristics.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills, and growth path ambitions:
- B.S. in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering (M.S. preferred) with 5+ years of experience in related field
- Experience with predicting aerodynamic force/moments and/or aerothermal heating in supersonic/hypersonic environments
- Experience with design, analysis and drafting of complex, multi-component systems is strongly desired
- Experience with modeling and simulation tools such as CFD and finite element analysis
- MBSE experience is desired
- Code-development experience desired
- Experience in LINUX operating systems
- Strong technical documentation and oral presentation skills (proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
U.S. Citizenship Required. Ability to qualify for a US Department of Defense security clearance required.
WE OFFER AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.