This position provides, with mitigated risk, the Challenge Course, recreation, activity space, trails, equipment and provides the necessary risk management policy and procedure for related areas and functions. This position will also serve as lead facilitator, supervisor and program staff as needed. As a member of the Outdoor Ministries team, the person in this position will engage in all of the current and future programs and activities needed by Warm Beach Camp. The person in the position shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior towards colleagues, guests and supervisors. Regular attendance and adherence to published schedule is required for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Oversee physical plant and equipment related to challenge course, canoes, play grounds, general recreation, trails, Outdoor Education (OE) teaching stations and other activities (bb guns, mountain boards, archery, etc.)
- Oversee annual challenge course and playground inspections.
- Maintain the challenge course and equipment to ACCT standards. Oversee new construction.
- Maintain, as assigned, the playground, recreational spaces, activity areas and OE teaching stations to appropriate, professional standards.
- Contribute to and oversee, as assigned, the development of new creation, activity and OE dedicated physical plant.
- Maintain inventory and care of supplies and equipment needed for recreation and activity areas under the care of this position.
- Take lead in maintaining trails in accord with the Camp trail standards.
- Assist with habitat improvement projects and invasive species removal.
- Address concerns of supervisor and staff in a professional and timely fashion.
- Work within established budget policies and procedures. Propose needed budget amounts for areas of responsibility.
- Supervise volunteers, staff and work crews as needed.
Take the lead in aligning policy, process and procedures with the appropriate professional standards.
- Provide staff with up-to-date Standard Operation Procedures for all activity areas including Challenge Course.
- Ensure Challenge Course policies and practices are aligned with ACCT standards.
- Formulate and propose to General Manager the appropriate policy and procedure for Challenge Course, archery, bb guns, mountain boards, play grounds, canoes and other adventure activities that may be adopted in the future.
- Responsible for documentation of gear usage, daily reports, incident/near miss reporting and other procedural and compliance paperwork.
- Report compliance deficits to the General Manager.
Program Operation and Staffing
Server as lead Challenge Course facilitator, supervisor, program lead, as needed. Assist with OE and aquatics as needed.
- Contribute to program design for individual groups.
- Contribute to staff training and continued development of staff.
- Supervise and conduct daily staff/crew meetings to orient toward goals and activities of the day
- Communicate clear expectations.
- Be available, reliable and responsive.
- Positive, engaged coaching and correcting.
- Facilitate groups, lead program, supervise challenge course, pool, lifeguard etc. as needed.
- Recommend programmatic use of challenge course and recreation activities.
- Teach OE classes as needed.
- Adhere to relevant policies and procedures.
- Maintain necessary personal certifications.
Other Duties as assigned Including, but not limited to:
- As a member of the Outdoor Ministries team, support the cross-section of programs and activities that Camp needs this team to engage.
- Support the OM Director in budgeting.
- Cross-train into other departments as necessary.
- Contribute to and adhere to the Camp Safety Plan and Child Protection Plan.
- Adhere to Camp personnel policies at all times.
- Support the overall goals and mission of Camp and perform other duties as assigned.
Warm Beach Camp Ministries exists to share the hope and love of Christ through camping ministries and experiences in the Pacific Northwest.
At Warm Beach Camp and Conference Center, our mission is to provide Christ-centered environments, experiences and resources to draw people to God through camping ministries, conferences and events.
This is a full-time, year-round position.
Directly supervises staff as assigned to carry out the program of the day and accomplish desired tasks. This position does not supervise employees on a daily basis. Supervision requires regular presence, communicating expectations, on -the-job training, correction and coaching, positive recognition of a job well done and follow-up on paperwork as required. Supervisory responsibilities are to be done in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-- Sincere love for and growing relationship with Christ and a desire to make him known to others.
-- Responsible, self-starter and follows through.
-- Demonstrates ability to professionally operate and care for power tools and related building equipment.
-- Demonstrates skill in basic carpentry.
-- Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly and maintain a positive rapport with staff.
-- Willingly support the philosophy and goals of Warm Beach Camp in attitude, speech and action.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Four year's related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages, ratios, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CPR, AED and First Aid certification Lifeguard certification
ACCT Level 2 Challenge Course certification or Course Manager
Up-to-date Challenge Course Portfolio with minimum of 500 hours facilitation experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less), distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This employee will be available to be cross-trained into other areas of the ministry as needs arise.