At the Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, we believe in kid-powered learning. We work hard every day to create extraordinary experiences that champion the wonder and joy of childhood. To accomplish this mission, we bring together a dynamic team of talented individuals whose passions range from exhibit design to the culinary arts, from developing engaging educational programs to offering only the best in customer service. If you like to work hard and play hard, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages and a supportive, rewarding and FUN work environment.
The Children’s Museum has an opening for a Retail Specialist to assist in ensuring seamless operations in the Café and Gift Shop while providing a positive experience for all members and guests.
Position: Full-time, 40 hours a week (Tuesday – Saturday). Will include at least one weekend day with flexible hours as needed to meet business needs for occasional evenings, holidays and events.
Rate: $17/hour (additional $1/hour for Bilingual proficiency)
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage. Paid time-off for vacation, sick days and four holidays. 401(k) Retirement Plan with eligibility to contribute after a 3-month waiting period (must be 21 years of age). Employee Assistance Program, flexible spending account and short-term disability. Free parking, free family membership to the Museum, and discounts in the Museum Gift Shop and Café.
Please note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
- Maintain working knowledge of all Guest Services Associate (GSA) job responsibilities and functions including daily admissions, membership sales, Gift Shop and Café operations
- Assist the Retail Manager in leading the GSA team, ensuring that staff members capitalize on sales opportunities and deliver outstanding guest service
- Support training and shadowing for new GSA staff Communicate with department Managers and Team Leads to ensure all Café and Gift Shop opening and closing tasks are completed daily by GSA team
- Monitor Guest Services staff for adherence to established Café and Gift Shop inventory practices including receiving shipments, pricing merchandise accurately, and processing all shipment paperwork appropriately
- Ensure Café storage areas, merchandising units and cafe public spaces are clean and orderly at all times
- Support GSAs cashiering in Café and Gift Shop by listening for radio calls and visually monitoring line for additional assistance
- Ensure all Guest Services Associates are engaged in maintaining outstanding Café and Gift Shop conditions and visual merchandising standards
- Communicate with Retail Manager about stock needs and guest requests
- Assist the Retail Manager with receiving shipments and communicating order discrepancies as needed
- Assist with stock orders including occasional communication with vendor representatives
- Assist Retail Manager in monthly processing of foodservice waste logs, and various retail reports as assigned
- Participate in physical inventory counts annually, and cycle counts as assigned by Retail Manager
- Support front desk operations as necessary
- Report staff behavior and training needs to Retail Manager
- Actively address guest complaints and work to improve overall guest experience
- Maintain knowledge of all Museum programming, special events and exhibit schedules
- Coordinate with and support volunteers through the Museum
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong commitment to the Museum’s mission, vision and values of diversity, equity, access and inclusion
- Ability to communicate with guests and co-workers in direct, respectful and confident manner
- Ability to work effectively and accurately in a fast paced environment while maintaining excellent guest service
- Clean, neat and professional appearance
- Ability to maintain a clean work environment
- Interest and enthusiasm for working with children and families
- High energy and interest in engaging with visitors
- Cash handling, cash register and point of sale experience
- Fluent English proficiency: writing, reading and speaking skills; bilingual Spanish preferred
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must pass criminal background check and Museum screening process
This position operates primarily in an indoor environment where variable temperatures, light levels, crowds and moderate to very noisy sound levels are common. The employee is required to interact and communicate with adults and children frequently, and routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers, as well as common cleaning supplies.
- Ability to load, unload and set up materials and equipment (up to 50 lbs.)
- Frequently move, transport and position equipment up to 50 pounds for various retail operational needs.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods of time indoors and outdoors (up to 6 hours)
- Effectively operate a two way radio to frequently communicate and exchange information with staff
- Frequently positions self to maintain stock and merchandising displays, including various heights of storage cabinets and shelving units in Café and stock room
- Operate a computer and other office equipment
- Frequently communicate with staff or guests with daily inquiries and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.