As Respondology’s Director of Partnerships, you will be charged with finding, engaging with and entering into partnerships with existing companies that act as revenue channels for Respondology. Respondology’s product, The Mod™, removes in real-time toxic, abusive, brand damaging and spam social comments. This makes it a perfect value-add product addition to companies that already operate in the digital media/tech space with an existing portfolio of brands. Merely as examples: Social Listening and Brand Safety companies. The bottom-line charter of this position is to drive revenue growth. The Director of Partnerships will report directly into Respondology’s SVP of Sales. Equity in the company will be part of the compensation package.
Respondology is a digital technology company that removes harmful, product & sales damaging comments from social media to protect brands and individuals. We do so for organizations across the NFL, NBA, NHL, NASCAR, Premier League and global consumer brands such as GoPro, Williams-Sonoma, Pepsi and household names of this ilk. At Respondology, we leverage technology for good.
A Day in the Life
- Identify strategic channel partner prospects
- Pursue those prospects with typical BD tactics, supported by Marketing
- Establish an opportunity to engage with those prospects, featuring a product demo
- Craft and close strategic partnerships with the appropriate companies – relationship, financial terms, contract, etc.
- Post launch, hand off those partnerships to Respondology’s Account Team – strategically staying involved at a high level
You will have the full support of Respondology’s Marketing team and budgets to entice prospects to engage, although much of the business development work will be centered on networking and cold reach outs. Respondology is a member of the BHI Holding Company’s portfolio.
Respondology is headquartered in Boulder, CO with teams in New York City, London and Melbourne. This position does not require candidates to live in the Boulder, CO region.
Here's what you need to get our attention
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7+ years’ experience in Sales and/or Business Development roles within the digital media space
- Within digital media, optimally Sales and/or Business Development experience within the AdTech/Social Listening/ Brand Safety/ SaaS sectors
Here's what will make us call you for sure
- Proven history of generating new business for a digital media/tech company
- A robust rolodex within digital media and in particular, social listening, brand safety and/or SaaS
- Solid presentation skills
- Desire to grow a company into an industry game changer
- Collaborative nature, but ability to work independently and meet deadlines without hand holding
- Strong communication skills
- Thrive with tight timelines
- Able to think quickly on your feet to produce solutions and clearly communicate for every challenge
- Prioritize effectively and change gears quickly without skipping a beat
- Great team player and relationship builder; earns the confidence and trust of others
- Desire to mentor and coach members of the team
And if we haven't convinced you yet, here is why you'll want to be part of our team:
We aren't just in the most beautiful city in the world (in our humble opinion), but a place where fun isn’t a 4-letter word:
- Distinct and compelling clients - from Influencers, Pro Sports Teams, and Major Brands
- Safe workspace and remote options for the current situation
- Free on-site parking
- Dogs are welcome!
- Time off is as important as hard work! Salaried employees are on a Flex PTO plan and hourly employees receive a standard 15 days of PTO, with increasing accruals the longer they stay with us
- Generous holidays including a reduced schedule between Christmas and New Years
- Half-day Fridays for ski season and summertime!
- We make sure our team is well cared for with strong health plans - We even cover our employees' dental and vision premiums!
- Access to Flexible Spending Accounts Plan
- Matching traditional and Roth 401k
- Employee Assistance Program
- Supplemental leave: self-care and family first!
- 4 week paid sabbatical after 10 years of service
- Life Insurance
- Travel Assistance and more!
- A killer culture with team members who have your back!
- We are on a mission to end racism, anti-LGBTQ and all forms of online abuse
Base Salary $90k-$105k DOE plus commission and equity
COME AS YOU ARE: your gender, your gods, your sex life, your skin color or your big shot uncle don't make a difference here. We like humans who want to work hard to grow a company, can work in a fast-paced environment and have fun along the way.