Position: Accounting Clerk Status: Hourly
Reports To: Finance Manager
PURPOSE: The Accounting Clerk ensures that invoices are properly approved and accounted for, that purchases and credits are accurately recorded, and that payments to vendors are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
1. Collects and sorts invoices and inputs to accounting system.
2. Prints and prepares checks for signature.
3. Prepares payments to vendors as specified by Finance Manager.
4. Handles calls and questions from vendors and Weavers Way staff regarding payment information.
5. Completes miscellaneous office duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Understanding of accounting principles such as chart of accounts, invoice processing.
2. Familiarity with computers; accounting software a plus.
3. Math skills. Cashier cross-training a plus.
4. Strong attention to detail. Ability to organize and prioritize work.