Creative Homes is seeking a Purchasing Agent to join our high energy, rapidly growing team!
The Purchasing Agent will manage the bid process for New Home starts, negotiate the best and most accurate pricing with vendors, process purchase orders and maintain each job during construction.
Essential Purchasing Responsibilities:
- Prepare, review and release job bid packages to Trade Partners
- Receive bids, analyze cost for accuracy and competitiveness
- Prepare and process purchase orders and assign to job schedules
- Maintain three competitive bids for each homebuilding activity
- Maintain accurate records of purchased goods
- Development and maintenance of job cost budgets
- Interact directly with Trade Partners during the bidding process
- Interact with Trade Partners on all changes
- Assist in development of new Trade Partners while maintaining positive relationships with existing
- Prepare quantity take-offs from working or design drawings for budgeting or bid purposes.
- Manage and maintain take-offs within the software(s) utilized by the company
- Participate in site visits and work with construction team members to check performance of trades
- Process change order price requests as required
Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to proofread and edit, and can complete projects in a timely manner. Job requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong negotiation and organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-through. Must have the attitude and ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and challenges, and be able to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously with a professional, positive demeanor.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in the construction management (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of purchasing, contract administration and estimating in the home building industry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft products suite, including and especially Excel
- Experience in BuilderTrend preferred
- Experience with Planswift or Bluebeam
- Must have a solid working knowledge of home construction process
- Thorough knowledge of construction/building materials and labor
- Ability to read, interpret and develop blueprints, take offs, scopes of work, specifications and other construction documents.
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to overcome objections
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Organized, professional, detailed, works well under pressure.
- Excellent computer, written, verbal communication skills.
Performs administrative duties in an office environment
Operate standard office equipment
Some travel to job sites required
Able to perform work duties during weekdays, including Saturdays, if required.
Able to work with minimal supervision
Able to lift up to 10 lbs.