Moody Center is being constructed on land owned by the University of Texas. The $338 million venue is being privately financed through a unique partnership between Oak View Group, Live Nation/ C3 Presents, Matthew McConaughey and The University of Texas at Austin.
At Moody Center, we are building a championship organization that serves our fans, community, and business partners through world-class sports and entertainment. We believe winning matters, our fans come first, with risk comes reward, great teams achieve unimaginable results, honoring the culture and music history of Austin, Texas is our duty and driving the business is our responsibility. Visit www.moodycenteratx.com to learn more about this venue.
Events Manager reports directly to the Senior Events Manager. The Events Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of Moody Center Arena events including basketball games, concerts, and special events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate knowledge in operation procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
- Coordinate and advance large scale events including concerts, sports events, and special events.
- Coordinate all production needs including stagehands, medical, fire, security, audio & visual and all operating equipment.
- Manage planning, budgeting, and coordination of event operations before, during, and after assigned events for approximately 150 events annually.
- Work with Senior Events Manager to ensure all laws, codes, ordinances, polices, procedures, risk management, safety precaution, rules/regulations and emergency procedures are followed.
- Communicate and disseminate event related information to appropriate departments, vendors, and others to ensure necessary levels of staffing coverage and overall event understanding.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with clients, partners, and all stakeholders.
- Meet with client groups to plan and organize assigned events and/or meetings.
- Guide clients in preparation of events by interpreting and explaining contract provisions, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare cost estimates and monitor final billing for assigned events.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of detailed requirements to all Moody Center departments.
- Resolve problems in a timely manner; analyze and gather information and identify alternative solutions quickly and effectively.
- Monitor and supervise facility set up.
- Create AutoCAD’s for events.
- Serve as primary liaison between clients and facility departments for assigned events.
- Monitor in-house events, maintaining close contact with clients and facility staff to ensure successful events. Follow up on all client request, concerns, and problems.
- Manage the creation and formal submittal of AutoCAD drawings to the local fire marshal office for events to include adherence with local fire codes, rules, and regulations.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours at Moody Center events including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Meet the physical demands of this job, which include being able to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving, climbing, working from various heights, and moderate to loud noises
- Serve as manager on duty as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public assembly facility management, hospitality management, business administration, or a related field preferred. Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- 1-3 years’ experience in large sports and/or music entertainment management and production
- Experience placing stagehand, audio & visual, show runners, police, t-shirt, and medial, staffing calls for large, scaled events and sporting events
- Experience in dealing with third party venders for propane, large scale operational equipment and event equipment
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Training in Active Shooter, Bomb Threats and Severe Weather
- First Aid, CPR, and AED Certified
- Knowledgeable in ADA code and compliance
- Knowledge of budget preparation and control
- Adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and communicate new ideas and concepts
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects and simultaneously
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledgeable and proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Payroll Systems and Photoshop
- Ability to work event nights, weekends, and holidays as required