Overall Responsibilities: Develop both standard and innovative solutions to design issues, making recommendations to Senior Designers and Principals-in-Charge, in the preparation of schematic design, design development and construction documents. Develop both standard and innovative solutions to design issues, making recommendations to Senior Designers and Principals-in-Charge, in the preparation of schematic design, design development and construction documents.
- Act independently to initiate the development of project designs to discover feasible design solutions to general architectural problems.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects and responsible for managing small teams.
- Apply knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials in the resolution of complex technical and design issues as they arise.
- Prepare sketches, working drawings, and architectural detail specifications for concept design presentations and presentation packages, and gauge progress against project schedule, scope and budget.
- Manage consultants, delegate work assignments and provide direction and guidance to junior staff, ensuring projects meet the Firm's design standards and design direction/intent.
- Incorporate consultant designs and systems into unified designs for client and agency review and approval.
- Assist in design development and details, programming, specifications, site planning and construction administration on a number of building and construction types.
- Attend internal meetings to ensure design specifications are coordinated with drawings.
- Regularly meet with Principal-in-Charge, Senior Designer and Project Manager to provide insight on project status and the project details that contribute to the project’s success.
- Supervision and guidance mainly concern overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters.
- Represent the Firm by actively participating in external professional organizations and social functions.
- Five (5) to Eight (8) years of experience in technical and design production.
- Ability to demonstrate full knowledge of industry practices and a proven track record of quality control on progressively more complex and diverse assignments.
- Experience in construction document preparation and field observation, knowledge of building materials, specifications and construction techniques.
- Experience in dealing with governmental agencies and building/zoning codes and appropriate knowledge of engineering disciplines to evaluate and coordinate work done by consultants.
- Solid judgment, based on precedent and policy, in the development of a recommended course of action.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, as well as time management skills.
- Excellent client management and customer service orientation and presentation skills.
- Understanding of sustainable practices and industry standards.
- Proficiency in relevant computer software:
- Building Information Modeling: Revit 2016 or later
- Rendering: 3D Studio Max, Maxwell Render, Twinmotion, or Enscape
- Modeling: SketchUp or Rhino
- AutoCAD 2016 or later
- Microsoft Office
- A degree in Architecture, preferable at the graduate level, related field or equivalent experience required. LEED AP preferred.
- Current affiliation and/or membership in local, state, or national industry organization(s) is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability, paid PTO and holidays, as well as 401(k) matching, profit sharing and annual performance bonus opportunities.
Steinberg Hart is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, genetics, or arrest/conviction records.