The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks a Project Architect for our Seattle office to support our growth in multiple locations, disciplines, markets, and project types.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design. With offices in Boise, Seattle, and Los Angeles, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation. We create projects which are visionary, contextually appropriate, and culturally resonant.
About the Role
The Project Architect (PA) is a key technical member in the success and delivery of our project work. GGLO Architects have the technical responsibility for executing the design concept of a project through construction documents. For this, the PA must understand and keep an eye on the big picture, while simultaneously being entrenched in the details. The success of a project, starting from concept through construction relies on the clarity, completeness, accuracy, and overall quality of our project documents. The PA must coordinate the many aspects of a project in order to achieve the desired result- great design delivered through great document sets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Possess knowledge of the phases of the design process and construction
· Possess knowledge of materials and detailing
· Demonstrate understanding of the larger context and impact of design
· Understand code and regulations governing the industry and ability to perform research
· Develop, review and coordinate Project Specifications specific to discipline
· Effectively advance and explore design opportunities offered by each project
· Assist PM in communication to the client, contractor, and other internal and external stakeholders
· Review consultant drawings for technical accuracy
· Act as coach and mentor for other architects and production staff
· Communicate effectively with Technical Lead, Project Manager, Project Designer, and other internal stake holders
· Demonstrate thorough understanding of BIM Execution Plan
· Competently manage time and priorities and communicate them to the project team
· Effectively perform work requiring independent judgment and problem solving
· Demonstrate the utilization of clear and open process for solving problems
· Develop a complete understanding of GGLO quality management process and procedures
· Understand the implications and timing of overall project schedule with ability to guide the production team according to that schedule
Professional Knowledge & Experience
· Experience in one of GGLO’s core markets: Wood frame, multifamily, mixed-use, Type I and Type II construction
· Able to organize and oversee the work of others
· Able to coordinate and manage a consultant team
· Understand major building systems, detailing, and constructability
· Responsible for understanding the applicable codes specific to discipline; Building Code, Land use, Zoning, Accessibility, etc.
· A high level of proficiency in the software being used, including Revit, Vision, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and SketchUp
· Understanding of how to solve unusual or complex issues
· Knowledge and understanding of Sustainable programs and goals
· Ability to hand draft and draw freehand
· Licensed Architect
· 10+ years’ experience in a professional design office setting with a focus in multifamily projects
· Demonstrated proficiency with Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and other design delivery tools
· Understanding of all aspects and phases of the architectural production process, major building systems, detailing, and constructability
· Ability to understand best practices associated with technical implications of design decisions
· Experience in the production of quality construction documents and directing other production staff and consultant teams in the preparation of those documents
· Current authorization to work in the United States
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, and a collaborative, stable environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, generous time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
Please visit our careers page at www.GGLO.com or click Apply button if visible. We look forward to hearing from you!
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.