Cole’s Quality Foods, Inc., a well-established and growing industry leader in the frozen food category, is seeking a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor for our Muskegon, MI location. Cole’s offers an excellent working environment, and a competitive pay & benefits package.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Production Supervisor oversees assigned areas of responsibilities and supervises hourly associates, directing work assignments and assigning duties as needed. Responsible for in-depth knowledge of production processes and equipment as well as operational control of the facility, producing high-quality products in quantities according to the production schedule at the lowest cost possible. Solely responsible for the overall production effort from Make-Up through Finishing.
· Confers and communicates daily with the Operation Superintendent / Production Manager, in management of the production functions. Recommends processes to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of products. Proposes solutions to enhance production and processes.
· Analyzes and facilitates the resolution of employee related issues and concerns while avoiding situational conflict. Works closely with the Superintendent and Plant Manager on personnel issues and performance reviews. Acts as liaison between plant and office to ensure related communications are implemented into the daily routine. Works to resolve employee issues and participate in Step 1 grievance process.
· Responsible to ensure entire operation adheres to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s). Responsible to enforce and implement GMP’s, Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). Creates and maintains record documentation for SOPS ensuring at all times each is up to date reflecting current operations. Assists regulatory inspectors during inspections or audits. Works with Food Safety Manager in monitoring and maintaining the Food Safety Quality Management Program. Keeps up to date on regulatory guidelines as applicable to the operation.
· Interprets Company policies & procedures to employees and enforces Rules and Regulations. Responsible to ensure and demand high levels of safety awareness and compliance with Company standards. Responsible to conduct timely accident investigations and report findings in accordance to Company policies.
· Completes and maintains necessary production related paperwork, data, checklists, reports, scoreboards, etc. as required.
· Responsible to develop and implement the hourly employee production schedule on a weekly basis. Schedules replacements for absent employees. May be responsible for directing sanitation, or ‘extra’ employees, to ensure productive work is achieved throughout their shift. Responsible for the complete training of new employees, as assigned to their area.
· Associate degree in Production Management or equivalent experience.
· Two to five (2-5) years relative experience in a supervisory or similar position, preferably in baking industry.
· Knowledgeable in applicable union contracts and have the ability to manage day to day responsibilities while abiding by union contract language.
· Strong interpersonal skills for effective development and counseling of subordinates, training, orienting and motivating employees in procedures, policies, methods, and operations of equipment.
· Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
· Must have strong problem-solving skills while being flexible with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with managers, peers, and subordinates. Ability to communicate information objectively.
· Is concerned with, aware of, and enthusiastic about all aspects of the operation of Cole’s Quality Foods. Enhances productivity, quality, and safety of the operation.