Under the general direction of the Accounting Manager, performs professional level accounting and financial/grant analysis, conducts specialized fiscal research, prepares, maintains, and updates and reconciles a variety of accounting records, and reports and assists with internal review and external audits to ensure compliance with grantor regulations and requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
• Review and maintain accounting data related to the organization accounting system.
• Assists Accounting Manager in the preparation of supporting work papers for annual external audit, state and federal monitoring, and audits by other grantor/donor agencies.
• Participate in the development of financial policy and procedures, suggesting enhancements designed to augment the operations of the department.
• Collaborate on departmental initiatives and projects, performing special reviews and analyses, and providing detailed and accurate reports.
• Ensure the integrity of financial data in the accounting system is in compliance with federal, state, and local government accounting standards.
• Collaborate with other staff throughout the system, assisting with financial related inquiries or problems.
• Provide technical assistance to contractors and vendors
• Manage competing demands and demonstrate ability to be flexible with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Adhere to requirement and ensure accounting and finance department follows all policies and protocols.
• Must be well versed and current in state/federal and local policies and regulations related to the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), Welfare Reform, Employment Services, TRADE, Jobs Education and Training (JET) and other applicable programs in support of all funding sources.
• Must have the ability to discern highly confidential materials and documents.
• Attend meetings and trainings as required.
• Perform all other related duties as needed.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Candidate must be able to perform professional level accounting and financial analysis. Abila (MIPS) Financial software experience desired.
EDUCATION & Experience:
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance, plus three years of full-time professional level experience required. A Masters of Business or Certified Public Accountant license may be substituted for two years general experience.
Background check and drug screen required.