The Homeless Outreach Coordinator supports Downtown Dallas Inc’s homeless outreach and engagement efforts to advance long-term solutions for those experiencing homelessness in Downtown Dallas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Engage with those experiencing homelessness in Downtown through street outreach and partnerships with service providers, connecting individuals with case managers or other service providers as relevant to each case
• Assist Homeless Outreach Manager with coordinating efforts of DDI’s street outreach teams
• Assist in program creation and innovation
• Oversee the data inputs for the team
• Coordinate/manage daily street outreach efforts
• Assist in sourcing new referral partners and maintaining partner/ resource database
• Build strong relationships with outreach partners to collaborate homeless outreach effort
• Work with Security team to coordinate outreach efforts and utilize internal referral process
• Provide detailed weekly and monthly reports documenting DSP homeless contacts, shelter transports, homeward bound candidates for family reunification, etc.
• Capture pertinent homeless outreach data for weekly and monthly reports
• Facilitate referrals to agencies and shelters that meet the need of homeless individuals
• Attend various meetings as directed by Homeless Outreach Management and keep team informed
• Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED certificate
• Minimum of two years’ progressive, relevant work experience
• Ability to communicate with all levels of management
• Ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidential information and department integrity
• Perceiving the nature of sounds with or without correction, to receive detailed information through oral communication.
• Extensive walking and standing for the duration of the shift
• Activities in which you must convey by spoken, detailed word or important spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Ability to work outdoors in extremes of climate for an eight-hour shift
• Requires heavy public contact requiring considerable interpersonal skill and extensive interaction with the public.