The Fleet and Asset Manager plans, directs, and evaluates the daily operations and maintenance of Downtown Dallas Inc.’s (DDI) fleet and assets. This position manages the equipment and property resources to provide safe, productive, and cost-effective equipment for our employees.
• Serve as the liaison between the Field Operations Department and work closely with department managers to understand and meet fleet and asset needs.
• Collaborate with department leaders; prepare and implement strategic fleet and asset management procedures and forecast for space, operational, maintenance, and equipment requirements
• Assist in the preparation and coordination of the procurement of assets.
• Create and maintain a standard operating procedure (SOP) policy for fleet and asset management (check-in/out systems, damage documentation, etc.)
• Create and implement a process to document fleet and asset maintenance, damage, loss, etc.
• Maintain detailed cost management records and continually review expenses associated with maintenance of fleet and assets.
• Conduct quality control and safety inspections of facilities, fleet, and assets/equipment
• Ensure adherence to safe work procedures.
• Attend and participate in team meetings; maintain awareness of SOP adherence
• Develop process improvements to ensure adherence to procedural policy and safekeeping of fleet and assets
• Fosters and maintains positive employee relationships.
• Perform other duties as assigned or requested by leadership.
• Manage DDI’s fleet management program, including acquisition, utilization, preventative maintenance, repair and replacement of vehicle and equipment fleet.
• Develop a strategy for assets that include detailed cost management.
• Participate in annual budget development, maintenance contracts, vehicles, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitors expenditures.
• Maintain inventory control of tools, materials, supplies and equipment.
• Maintain records to track vehicle registrations, titles, etc.
• Responsible for fully understanding and implementing oversight processes to monitor, effectively communicate and ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local safety and environmental regulations and requirements, including (but not limited to) licensing and renewals and OSHA regulations, liquid waste management, storm water runoff from facilities, and fuel storage compliance, etc.
Asset Management Responsibilities
• Fully responsible for all aspects of the Field Operations’ equipment, which includes repairs, monitoring usage and compliance with the Asset Panda inventory system.
• Manages DDI’s assets in accordance with SOP.
• Meets with Department Leaders to assess asset status, needs, risks, goals, and progress.
• Prepares business activity reports and forecasts.
• Reviews expense reports to find ways to reduce costs.
• Compiles and presents asset management reports to the Vice President, Public Safety & Field Operations and Director, Clean & Safe
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Working knowledge of vehicle repair and maintenance
• Prior technician/mechanic experience preferred
• Ability to define problems, collect data and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions and draw valid conclusions.
• Considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Proficient computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
• Experience in Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook