The Nutritionist/Cook provides good, nourishing meals and snacks which help meet children's daily nutritional needs as stated in the USDA guidelines, and which are prepared in a safe and sanitary environment.
• A High School Diploma or G.E.D.
• Valid Food Service and Sanitation Certification
• One-year experience in food service/preparation in a similar setting.
• Emotional maturity when working around children.
• Cooperation with the purposes and services of the program.
• Respect for children and adults.
• Flexibility, understanding and patience.
• Physical and mental health that do not interfere with responsibilities.
• Good personal hygiene.
• Sensitivity to children's socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds, and individual needs and capabilities.
• Required paperwork relevant to DCFS and the park district on file.
Background Check required.