Catania Oils is a family owned and operated business that has been around for over 100 years and through four generations. We are a leading packager and processor of edible oils located in Ayer, MA. Our Mission is to provide innovative quality products to customers in an efficient, economic, and environmentally responsible manner. We are looking for passionate individuals who continuously seek individual and organizational improvements through respect, collaboration, and teamwork. We are currently seeking an Mechanic Maintenance-2nd shift.
The Maintenance Mechanic will oversee the performance and maintenance of large production machinery.
.Performs repairs and preventive maintenance on various machines.
· Thoroughly cleans machines and machine parts, removing parts and reinstalling as necessary.
· Oils and lubricates moving parts on machines to ensure effective performance.
· Records and reports damaged, worn, or broken parts.
· Orders and installs replacement parts for machines.
· Identifies the causes of unexpected breakdowns of machines.
· Repairs broken machines quickly and efficiently.
· Prepares reports documenting work performed.
· Cleans, organizes, inventories, stocks, and otherwise maintains shop areas, parts, tools, and supplies.
· Coordinates with managers to schedule regular maintenance on machines.
· Collaborates with product manager or plant engineer regarding new products being added and modifications that will be required.
· Makes necessary modifications and implements tests runs; confers with product manager regarding test results and makes additional alterations to machinery as required.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
• HS Diploma vocational school preferred. Mechanical Trades/Maintenance related field
• Solid, proven and stable background in a maintenance related position.
• Maintenance and technical proficiencies in electrical, pneumatic, robotics, hydraulic, etc. preferred.
• Ability to troubleshoot PLC
• Ability to know how to use tools
• Basic computer experience
• Strong Communication; communicate technical issues to various levels of management
• Organized; prioritize work load and maintain documentation/record keeping