Under the general direction of DESC management. The Receptionist represents the company as the first point of contact for our guests who call, email or visit our office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Receive and direct in-person visitors, customers, and contractors.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- General clerical including photocopying, fax and mailing.
- Manage and maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondences.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondences, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Prepare written responses to routine inquiries.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules.
- Retrieve documents for filing system.
- Handle requests for information and data.
- Cross-train with Administrative Support Clerical Staff to cover duties during absences, as well as support a corporate workflow pool process.
- Must have the ability to discern highly confidential materials and documents.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by the person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Must have experience working in an office environment.
- Strong oral and written skills required.
- Must have a welcoming personality, voice and tone both on the phone and in person.
- Must dress professionally (business casual).
- Proficient in MS-Office (incl. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent typing and internet browsing skills.
- Individual must be well organized, handle interruptions well and be self-motivated.
- Position requires physical mobility and some lifting/shifting supply boxes.
- Must demonstrate the ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy, be able to gather information, problem solve and assess situations, plan and organize.
- Must be able to adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment, be flexible, have excellent customer service orientation, seek growing responsibility and show great capacity for work.
Must have a high school diploma or GED.
Background check and drug screen required.