RDTS is looking for a skilled Web Applications Developer with Middleware administration experience to support an upcoming program with the U.S. Department of Interior (DOI) Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) in Reston, VA, and occasionally, in Washington D.C. A current ColdFusion Developer, JAVA SE Programmer, Drupal or SharePoint certification is preferred.
This role will serve as Co-Task Lead managing the Web Applications and Middleware team. This team will be accountable for assisting the DOI in developing, implementing, maintaining, updating, and patching web applications and websites for DOI and its customers.
The Web Applications and Middleware Co-Task Lead will have the following general responsibilities:
- Managing multiple tasks at diverse locations (Reston & D.C.);
- Organize, direct, and coordinate planning and production of all contractor's service delivery;
- Complete tasks within negotiated time frames and budget constraints;
- Schedule and assign duties to subordinates;
- Act as supervisor for personnel;
- Meet with Government personnel, contractor task leaders, and client representatives;
- Assign, schedule, and review work of subordinates;
- Trains new contract personnel.
Tasks in support of Web Applications and Middleware include:
- Provide infrastructure management services for web applications and websites.
- Develop and enhance web-based applications and websites.
- Develop project plan and document the design and functionality of web-based applications and websites.
- Project plans to include Functional requirements, Application architecture diagrams, Entity-relationship diagrams, Data dictionaries, Work breakdown structures, Prototyping, Project schedules, Unit and application test plans. Provide training to customer in application use.
- Perform website content analysis and develop information architectures to include information architecture diagrams and site flow diagrams.
- Develop and provide High level solution architecture and detailed solution design updates for Enterprise Identity and Access Management solutions.
- Install and upgrade Access Control, Identity Management, and Meta Directory servers.
- Install software fix packs for Access Control/Identity Management servers and components per schedule in development, test, and production environments.
- Perform system integration and administration of core Identity and Access management components for seamless end-to-end operations.
- Provide value added Integration services (authentication, authorization and centralized identity/SSO) to integrate and support customer applications.
- Provide meta mapping services for integration of various directory sources.
- Assist in architecture, tuning, debug of access control/identity management.
- Provide strategic technical direction and incorporating enterprise authentication services to assist in Two factor logical access control, SSO and Federation of Identity.
- Provide self-services such as password recovery for systems.
- Perform role-based user identity provisioning and access control.
- Provide enhancement and updates to all enterprise authentication services.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and support of all enterprise authentication services.
- Install, upgrade, patch, administer, tune and monitor Web Servers, Middleware/Application Servers.
- Install and upgrade shared application services to include Portal, Collaboration, Enterprise Content Management and Source Code Repository.
- Perform off-site disaster recovery exercises and document/develop reports of the results.
- Create, review and update procedures/documentation/guides.
- Respond to requests and provide information and documentation for internal system reviews and audits.
- Resolve and document resolution of any resulting security findings.
- Provide technical and configuration data for planning and reporting.
- May assign personnel to various projects and directs their activities; reviews and evaluates their work and prepares performance reports.
- Confer with and advise subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Consult with and advise users of the various Web Applications and Middleware options.
- Projects long-range requirements for Web Applications and Middleware administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, Master’s Degree is preferred. (At least 10 years of experience in IT systems integration and project management may be substituted in lieu of Bachelor’s degree)
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Ability to supervise and manage personnel involved in IT projects.
- Technical Web – Designer • HTML 4, 5 or later • CSS • Dreamweaver • Photoshop • Illustrator • Flash Visio • MS Project
- Knowledge directly related to Middleware systems specified - Technical Middleware: • Oracle Unified Directory (OUD) • WebSphere Application Servers (Based, ND), WebSphere Web Server (IBM HTTP Server) • WebSphere Portal – extended/standard • WebSphere Cloudburst Appliance • Rational Software Architect for WebSphere • Central Authentication Service (CAS) • Shibboleth • Open IAM, Open SSO, and Open LDAP • Security Assertion Markup Language 2.0 (SAML 2.0), • Java Authentication & Authorization Service (JAAS), X.509 Digital Certificates, Kerberos/SPNEGO, Apache/Apache Tomcat • IIS • JBoss Application Server • Subversion • JIRA • Java/J2EE
- Experience developing and enhancing web-based applications and websites.
- Experience developing simulations and prototypes for web applications and websites.
- Experience developing logos and branding for website and web applications.
- Experience developing primary and supporting graphics for websites and web applications.
- Experience developing HTML templates to support web applications and website development.
- Experience supporting the creation and revision of multimedia materials, including still images and videos, for use on DoI websites.
- Experience ensuring availability of Middleware services.
- A current ColdFusion Developer, JAVA SE Programmer, Drupal or SharePoint certification is preferred.
*This position is contingent upon contract award
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.