The Junior Loan Processor is accountable for supporting the residential construction loan inspection and draw process.
- Draws & Inspection Processing: Monitor the draw inbox, review documentation, and complete a checklist. Complete site inspections for residential construction loans and update progress reports to evaluate draw requests. Verify accurate documentation that supports budget against completion for projects and works with Relationship Officers for approval for draw requests. Update sworn construction statements and communicate any change orders or discrepancies with the Relationship Officer. Communicate with third parties (e.g. title, builders and mortgage companies), and coordinate with the Loan Administration team to disburse funds and process transactions.
- Collaboration: Demonstrates expertise and experience to coordinate accurate documentation related to draws and inspections. Ability to review all components of the approved credit accommodation, including liquidity for cost overruns. Coordinates with title companies, mortgage companies, builders, and insurance agencies to collect information and update records. Works collaboratively across teams to identify opportunities for enhanced client service.
- On-Going Monitoring and Loan Servicing: Complete on-going monitoring of the loan portfolio which includes follow up on ticklers, extensions, and completion of construction. Complete any additional requests from outside parties including Verification of Mortgages, Payoff Requests, or Endorsements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, G.S.D. (Get Stuff Done), One Team, and Give Generously
- Able to read and interpret loan documents
- Demonstrated commitment to defect free, timely and caring client service
- Demonstrated collaborative work style and respect for others
- Detail oriented and organized
- Demonstrated self-motivation and resourceful work ethic
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- Possess the ability to meet and communicate around critical deadlines
- Demonstrate a high level of organization, time management, and attention to detail
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
- Local travel will be required; must have a personal vehicle and proof of and maintain a valid driver’s license and insurance. Must have a personal cell phone for use when conducting site inspections.
Education & Experience: A High School Diploma or equivalent and 1-3 years of experience in a residential mortgage and construction lending and/or construction disbursing role or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Frequent local travel to conduct site inspections.
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions