The Printer, Inc. (TPI) is a full service printer specializing in complex variable data printing in the casino gaming industry. We are a privately held company that has been in business for over 40 years. TPI is always looking for committed, hard working, self-motivated individuals that take pride and accountability in their work. TPI rewards their employees with competitive salaries.
We are currently seeking a Mark Andy Flexo Press Operator with Bunch Fan Folder experience to work in our Des Moines, IA location, and we are offering a $5,000 hire-on bonus (payable at 90 days).
Position Summary: This position will set-up and operate the Mark Andy Flexo Press that feeds into the Bunch Fan Folder in our Bindery department. This position will also maintain, troubleshoot, and resolve mechanical challenges and follow stringent quality control processes.
- Set up and operate bindery machines according to work order.
- Perform maintenance, troubleshoot, and resolve printing and mechanical challenges.
- Ability to perform preventative and routine maintenance on the bindery equipment.
- Follow strict quality control measures and pay close attention to detail.
- Visually inspect products throughout run for quality.
- Ability to perform varying work within tight deadlines and fast-paced environment while being responsible for ensuring quality work.
- Work closely with other team members to exceed customer expectations.
- Flexibility to work on other equipment or complete other tasks as needed.
- Be able to quickly learn and master our camera system.
- Operate pallet jacks to transport supplies as needed.
- Ability to work a full-time schedule including over-time on weekends.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- History of performing well under pressure.
- Individual should be mechanically inclined and possess problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and comprehension skills both written and verbal.
- Team and goal oriented.
- Must be very detailed oriented.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years professional experience setting up, running, and maintaining bindery equipment.
Physical Demands: Standing for extended periods and frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs. Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. Pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs. to move palletized load. Continuous vision. Frequent reaching, twisting, and gripping up to 25 lbs. to move paper stock. Occasional crouching and use of hand tools during routine machine maintenance.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. 1st shift is 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.; 2nd shift is 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m; 3rd shift is 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Weekend hours required during peak production times. This position typically works 40-50 hours per week.
TPI recognizes that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.