Affinity Truck Center is an established leader in new and used truck sales, parts and service, lease and rental, and financing. We have built our reputation on the work of our dedicated and experienced staff. We believe that our people are a key driver of our success. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package, a unique level of concern for our employees, and a stimulating work environment. At Affinity Truck Center, you can expect to be part of a team of people who care about their work, their clients and each other.
The ideal candidate will repair and maintain diesel and gasoline engine industrial trucks, according to dealership and factory specifications.
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
- Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
- Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
- Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
- Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with service advisor/dispatcher immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests vehicles when required.
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
- Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Ensures that vehicle is kept clean. Notifies service advisor/dispatcher immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as when they were received.
- Understands, keeps abreast of and complies with federal, state and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know etc.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
- Other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.