Plant Prefab is the first Certified B Corporation™ building technology company dedicated to sustainable design, materials, and operations. The company’s patented Plant Building System™ utilizes advanced digital modeling and fully customizable Plant Panels™ and Plant Modules™ to help architects, developers, general contractors, and individuals design and build multifamily and custom single-family homes 20 to 50 percent faster than site-based methods. The system provides better quality control, design flexibility, and time, cost, and material efficiency than traditional methods of offsite or on-site construction.
Plant Prefab has two factories in California (Rialto, Ontario) and a design studio and show home in Santa Monica. With a mission to build a better world by design, Plant Prefab was the first housing prefabricator to announce a net zero goal and has achieved carbon neutrality in their operations since 2020. Plant Prefab is backed by leading investors including Amazon, Asahi Kasei, Gerdau Paris Ventures, Obvious Ventures, and others. For more information, visit plantprefab.com.
Plant is seeking a Project Manager to expertly facilitate and manage the execution of the various projects being built in our Rialto and Ontario factories. Plant Project Managers are the central point of contact and information for our projects and accountable to ensure that every project is completed on-time, on-budget, and with high customer satisfaction. Project Managers work closely and seamlessly with factory and field personnel, purchasing, estimating, and design teams to ensure project delivery. The ideal candidate will be able to expertly manage project schedules (including Gantt charting and timelines), information flow, costs, RFIs, change orders, subcontractor relations, bid write-ups, and processes for submittals. The position will be based in our Rialto, CA headquarters and report to the Head of Project Management.
- Work with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope of work, and objectives during the preconstruction and construction process.
- Review and prepare project proposal/plans and contracts including time frame, funding margins, procedures, and scope of work.
- Provide specifications and scope of work documents for the client’s contract.
- Coordinate the creation of project objectives, schedules, and budgets, coordinating and communicating with clients, architects, developers, general contractors, engineers, MEP designers, state and local jurisdictions, and Plant staff.
- Coordinate value engineering efforts and alternative solutions with project owner, designers, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Coordinate project team to ensure timely submittals, requests for information (RFIs), and plan revisions.
- Create and submit accurate change orders in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate procurement schedules and provide takeoffs to the purchasing department to ensure accurate and timely delivery of materials.
- Monitor project progress and resolve issues as they arise.
- Act as the primary point of contact and communicate project status to all stakeholders.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, reports, pictures, and videos.
- Ensure that quality standards and requirements are met for all projects.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports (including progress photo documentation).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Engineering, architecture, or construction management degree; additional PMP or Project Management certification preferred
- 7-10 years of hands-on experience in a management role in ground-up residential, multi-family construction or related trades, including 5-7 years in project management, from conception to delivery; modular construction experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with high-end, custom homes
- Ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules, and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- High proficiency in estimating and takeoff software (e.g., PlanSwift, Sage, or similar)
- High proficiency in project management software (e.g., Microsoft Projects, PlanGrid, or similar)
- Strong, working knowledge of blueprints, architectural plans, and structural plans
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Plant Prefab
- Competitive compensation (salary, discretionary bonus, and stock options) commensurate with experience and skills
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance
- The opportunity to work with great architects and meaningfully contribute to projects that improve the quality of life for people and the planet
Please apply on Paylocity, taking care to complete all required fields, including cover letter. No applications will be accepted without a cover letter.
Applicants must be authorized to legally work in the U.S.; sorry, no sponsorship is available. Applicants will be subject to passing a background check and drug screening. Plant Prefab has an ongoing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.