Employers Council is a Denver based Employers Association committed to partnering with employers to grow exceptional workplaces. We provide a full array of employment law, organizational management and human resources expertise and services, including virtual and in person employee training. We serve employers from a variety of industries and varying sizes, with support that ranges from the transactional to the transformational.
We are currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Administration team. We offer a friendly and collaborative work environment, professional growth and development opportunities, and the ability to maintain family and personal interests outside of work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains and posts all incoming customer payments by recording cash, checks, ACH and credit card transactions into the Association Management System
· Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining, reconciling, and investigating information from customers and staff
· Processes daily electronic lockbox check transactions from the bank by totaling and posting the deposit amounts in the Association Management System
· Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
· Generate monthly customer statements for review and mailing
· Mails or emails correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts
· Performs collection efforts by making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations
· Answers accounts receivable phone inquiries and provides reliable follow up for Member inquiries
· Processes time entries and related billing through Association Management System
· Assists with related special projects as required
· Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty, competently and in a timely manner. The individual must demonstrate initiative and the ability to be a problem solver, in what can be a fast-paced environment.
· The candidate must have a minimum of 2-5 years prior accounting experience including accounts receivable, invoicing, account reconciliation, collections, and reporting
· The candidate should have proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
· Must be detail oriented and able to work in a deadline-oriented environment
General office environment most of the time. This position often works remotely from home office. The individual must live in or around the Denver (Colorado) metro area for occasional commutes to the corporate office location. Occasional lifting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Starting annual salary range: $36,810 - $40,490
Benefits: Employers Council provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Insured group health, dental, & vision plans with optional tax deferred 125 plans are available
• Long term income protection via 401k and defined benefit pension plans
• Life, AD&D, Long term disability plans primarily paid for by employer
• A generous mix of vacation, sick and holiday paid days off
Employers Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.