RDTS is looking for an experienced Windows Systems Administrator to support an upcoming program with the U.S. Department of Interior, Office of the Chief Information Officer, in Reston, VA. The Windows Systems Administration team will be responsible for administering Windows servers and Windows operating system software for DOI’s customers. This work includes, but is not limited to vulnerability mitigation, architecture and design support, application setup and configuration, audit support, hardware support, support of cloud and DOI data center hosted systems, and providing after hours on-call assistance.
- The System Administrator is responsible for server maintenance, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining hardware/software, and other activities as related to system administration of Microsoft Windows Servers (currently 2012, 2016, and 2019) to ensure the availability and functionality of the production systems. Work is accomplished according to established priorities and procedures.
- Performs team activities, completes the technical assignments, and takes appropriate action to ensure that PC and server-based systems schedules are met.
- Manages the Active Directory Forest and domain environments including group policies, filters, users, groups, printers, login scripts, etc.
- Manages the server cluster environment including configuration, shares and permissions.
- Develops backup and recovery procedures for recovery from loss and destruction of data.
- Defines and/or administers the backup and recovery schedules and procedures including software installation and node management until migrated into enterprise solution.
- Maintains and updates a variety of images of base server configuration.
- Configures new servers or rebuild servers in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintains security configurations for servers and images; reviews and recommends monthly releases of Microsoft patches.
- Schedules and performs monthly patches in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Schedules and performs monthly scanning of servers; manages and reports on internet usage and sites visited in accordance with established procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field, Master’s Degree is preferred. (At least 10 years of experience in IT systems integration and project management may be substituted in lieu of Bachelor’s degree)
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Minimum (8) years of experience supporting and configuring Microsoft enterprise environments.
- Designs, implements, manages, and monitors the DOI and DOI customer hosting Active Directory (AD) root services.
- Manages and supports the production, quality & assurance, and test environments, including operation and maintenance of the hardware, installation and configuration of software, network security, operating system, installation of security patches, maintenance of data, including backup and recovery services, user security, and remote access support and services.
- Provides support for AD technical Agency/Bureau problem determination and resolution.
- Configures and manages Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) including housing off-line root and on-line intermediate, supply certificates for first time setup of Agency/Bureau’s intermediates.
- Responsible for all schema management changes, Domain Name System (DNS) root services and requirements, monitoring of root servers and Agency/Bureau child domains using Splunk.
- Implements, manages, and monitors the integration of external services and applications using Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Remedy ticketing system.
- Knowledge of increasingly complex and progressive experience in computer systems/network engineering.
*This position is contingent upon contract award
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.