Maintenance Technician, Student Housing
Reports directly to Director of Student Housing, Maintenance and supports maintenance of property appearance, general functions of building systems, and creation of a comfortable atmosphere throughout building(s) by applying expertise and knowledge toward the on-going property operation. A professional appearance and attitude are essential as all maintenance personnel are representatives of Redstone.
- 40 Hours per week
- Weekly schedule to be set by Director of Student Housing, Maintenance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs minor or routine maintenance or repair involving the following on a regular basis:
- Minor electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- Water leaks
- Minor HVAC systems
- Interior/exterior lights
- Appliances (when applicable)
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, flooring
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks
- Security systems (where applicable)
- Wall repair and painting
- Performs various custodial maintenance tasks involving the following on a regular basis:
- Mopping, vacuuming, and sweeping
- Dusting and sanitizing surfaces
- Trash removal
- Interior window cleaning
- Grounds clean-up (trash removal, verifying bike permits, cutting locks)
- Adhere to all maintenance and purchasing directives as per management/lease agreements and company policies, including to but not limited to: property inspections, work orders, landscaping and grounds, safety, special maintenance items, work order procedure, stock control systems.
- Continually inspect property, record deficiencies, and report to Director Student Housing, Maintenance
- Respond to resident work order requests, working alongside the Director Student Housing, Maintenance to prioritize requests and respond to resident maintenance needs in a timely fashion.
- Follows preventative maintenance programs for the property and specific equipment guidelines.
- Responsible for complying with safety regulations to avoid injury to self and others, as well as damage to equipment or buildings.
- Responsible for completing any and all required paperwork (i.e.: Requested reports, logs, timesheets, work orders, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Report accidents and emergency situations to the Director Student Housing, Maintenance immediately
- Other duties as requested or required.
- All Redstone employees are required to wear and use all equipment safely as dictated by equipment operating manuals as well as OSHA safety guidelines. All employee are also required to wear/use all necessary Personal Protective Equipment (gloves, goggles, etc.) as dictated by whatever task or job the employee is performing.
Operation of Equipment/Machinery/Tools
- An employee in this position must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the following tools:
Hand Tools Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer, snips, posthole diggers, etc.
Power Tools Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws, etc.
User-Moved Aids Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders.
Mechanical Equip. Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric and hand power augers, etc.
Other Devices as Necessary
- Constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to be on feet
- Have constant need (66% to 100% of the time) to perform the following physical activities:
Perform routine maintenance/repairs, pick up tools and needed equipment
Push or Pull
Move equipment, appliances, open and close doors, etc.
- Lifting/Carrying (supplies, replacement parts, ladders, etc.):
Over 150 lbs.
Rare need (less than 1% of the time)
75 lbs. – 150 lbs.
Occasional need (1% to 33% of the time)
25 lbs. – 75 lbs.
Frequent need (33% to 66% of the time)
1 – 25 lbs.
Constant need (66% to 100% of the time)
Note: Lifting and carrying of weights exceeding 75 lbs. is to be accomplished with assistance from one or more persons.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and customer service-oriented environment.
- Performs duties under pressure and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Works collaboratively as part of a team, as well as completes assignments independently.
- Takes instructions from supervisors.
- Proactive with addressing the custodial and maintenance needs of the property.
- Exercises problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits sound judgement and discretion, showing sensitivity to the needs and behaviors of student tenants.
- Interacts with co-workers, supervisors, vendors, sub-contractors, owners, tenants, and public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Constant need (100% of time) to utilize personal vehicle and company provided transportation to travel to pick up replacement parts and supplies from vendors. Travel between assigned properties will be the employee’s responsibility. When a personal vehicle is utilized, mileage traveled for business purposes may be submitted for reimbursement according the current federal per mile reimbursement rate. This does not include travel to and from work at the beginning and end of the work day; it does include travel related to answering afterhours emergency calls.
- Must have valid driver's license free of major moving violations.