Accuity Delivery Systems was founded in 2016 with the goal of reinventing the Clinical Documentation Process through MD case review, and MD to MD education. Over the last five years, we have experienced rapid growth and are excited to continue in growing our team nationwide. Learn more about us at www.accds.com.
The Query Closure Coding Specialist will evaluate inpatient medical records and accurately assign the appropriate ICD-10 CM/PCS codes based on retrospective query responses received from providers. The Query Closure Coding Specialist must be proficient in the identification and assignment of all diagnoses, procedures, and treatments within accordance of nationally recognized coding guidelines.
This position will report directly to the Manager, Final Coding.
Primary job responsibilities
- Adhere to and maintain required levels of performance in both coding accuracy and productivity in relation to closing queries
- Appropriate assignment of ICD-10CM/PCS codes
- Appropriate assignment of MS-DRGs and APR DRGs using an encoder/grouper
- Abstract data in accordance with client specifications (i.e., discharge disposition, performing MD, SPARCs) as needed
- Perform Coding duties as appropriate according to pre-determined schedules
- Record charts final coded and other relevant tracking information on a daily basis as needed
- Maintain up-to-date Coding knowledge by reviewing materials disseminated/recommended by the Physician Staff, DRG Team, Coding and CDI Leadership
- Participate in Coding department meetings and educational events as assigned
- Maintain a collegial working relationship with DRG Team, CDIS partners, and Providers
- Must be able to accept coaching, training, and education on a routine basis as needed
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned