The Senior Loan Administrator is responsible for the Bank’s most complex loan documentation, booking and servicing in compliance with established policies and procedures to ensure the accurate and timely processing of loans consistent with our Client Service Standards, and with minimal supervision or oversight. May supervise the work of other Loan Administrators.
- Loan Documentation: Works independently to complete pre-closing due diligence to ensure sufficient documentation is collected to inform assessment of loan risk; identifies and collaborates with lending team to resolve issues, as needed. Coordinates with third party vendors to obtain title work, flood certifications, Secretary of State and other collateral documentation. Demonstrates expertise and experience in preparing consumer and commercial disclosures and closing documentation that meet loan requirements for the Bank’s most complex loans. May communicate with legal counsel who prepare documents and conduct loan documentation reviews.
- Loan Booking: Accurately inputs loan data into the core system and creates electronic credit file using the Bank’s imaging system. Builds ticklers in the core system to properly monitor documentation and ongoing reporting requirements. Perfects all collateral and performs post-close due diligence. Collaborates with lending and credit teams to resolve any issues or questions identified. Responsible for daily report resolution and department reporting.
- Loan Servicing: Accurately completes transactions including disbursement of funds, advances, payments, partial releases, payoffs, and ledger account balancing. Processes paid Promissory Notes and issue Satisfactions. Performs file maintenance and updates Note ticklers. Manages the participation process by building participants in the core system, running and balancing transactions, and communicating with participant banks.
- Collaboration: Partners with Loan Administration manager and other loan administrators to ensure consistent processes and procedures are developed and implemented across teams. Provides backup to fellow loan administrators, as needed. Works collaboratively across credit and lending teams to identify opportunities for enhanced client service. Collaborates with Loan Administration Manager to develop training content and activities and may deliver training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, Get Stuff Done (G.S.D), One Team, and Give Generously
- Demonstrated commitment to timely, defect free and caring customer service
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- Possess the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Demonstrate a collaborative work style and respect for others
- High level of customer service
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Ability to read and interpret documentation such as operating and procedure manuals
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
Education & Experience:
A High School Diploma and a minimum of 5 years of work experience in related field as loan assistant or loan operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Local travel may be required for this position
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.