What we're looking for: Vertical Knowledge is looking for a skilled Software Engineer to join a growing technology company based in Chagrin Falls, Ohio. This person will work closely with our clients and internal cross functional team members to define and implement the features and functions of our mobile device application and data collection systems.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Develop and evolve our mobile device application and data collection systems. The candidate will be responsible for developing, integrating, and testing software using the Android Developer Bench (ADB) and integrating the ADB functionality into our larger automation system.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work closely with clients and internal cross functional team members to define and implement product features and functions as well as communicate project statuses
- Develop and integrate all software to implement product features and functions
- Test new software and fix bugs as needed
- Document all design and work product
- Monitor and troubleshoot product operation and performance
- Communicate key project data to team members and building cohesion among team members
- Develop and execute project plans
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures
- Create innovative solutions to meet our company’s technical needs
- Help shape the future of our products
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or another related field
- Three to five years of software engineering or software development experience in a related field
- Hands-on programming, integration, and testing work with the Android Developer Bench (ADB)
- Experience developing Android apps and utilizing ADB interfaces and services
- Experience with UI automation techniques
- Optical character recognition (OCR) and image recognition skills a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle
- The ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time and within budget
- Experience working with clients and business partners
- Candidates must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance to at least the Secret level.
Who we are: Vertical Knowledge is a leading provider of open source data, information services and analytics. The privately held company operates in the national defense, intelligence and financial services verticals. We help our clients understand the universe of data published on the Internet, distilling it into the answers that they need to drive their business. Everything we do, every app that we build is designed to bridge the gap between our clients and the insights they need to fulfill their mission.
What we offer:
- We offer a diversity of interesting problems that need to be solved. We'll stretch and grow your skill set as you help us navigate the landscape of unique problems we help solve for our customers
- Our team is comprised of talented, hard-working people who appreciate collaborating with driven, intelligent, accountable, and friendly people
- We value our culture. We're a great place to work and have a serious dedication to the careers and personal lives of the people that we work with
- We offer fully paid health, vision, dental and life insurance, a 401k, and unlimited vacation days
Vertical Knowledge LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. VK is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. VK will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.