The Account Director, Client Experience (CX), Commercial Real Estate is responsible for building, nurturing, and growing client relationships; we need someone who can manage clients, brokers and clearly communicate collective feedback back to creatives. This person should have industry expertise in commercial property marketing and a passion for collaborating with brokers, owners and operators to bring their brands and places to life. This person knows how to effectively work across multidisciplinary teams that include research, brand, interior design, consulting, and marketing professionals. They know how and when to activate all such teams to ensure we show up in a fully integrated way. Above all, the Account Director is a detail-orientated, inspiring leader and is capable of managing multiple priorities while keeping our clients smiling and our internal teams one step ahead of the game.
The Account Director will need to closely collaborate with our Industry Leader in commercial and mixed-use real estate brands to win, keep, and grow clients. They will translate consulting, design, and marketing plans into timelines and tasks, keep a constant pulse on projects, and deliver work on-time and on-budget. In addition, the Account Director proactively identifies new opportunities to expand and enhance the relationship with their clients and our joint venture partner CBRE. Above all, the Account Director is obsessively organized, a proponent of process, a master collaborator, and has a track record of delivering high-quality and award-worthy work. Have what it takes? Keep reading!
Reports to the Head of Creative Advisory - We are open to candidates in DC and NY!
KEY TASKS + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of client relationships with direct, daily communication with senior-level client contacts.
- Serve as the primary client contact on assigned accounts and be responsible for all ongoing communications including establishing weekly meetings or calls, creating agendas, setting kick-offs, and responding promptly to all phone calls and emails.
- Become THE expert on the client, the industry, and relevant services like consulting, design, brand, and marketing.
- Lead and implement multiple projects and programs from kickoff to completion with minimum supervision.
- Proactively seek feedback from clients.
- Lead client meetings and conference calls and follow up with meeting notes and to-dos both internally and with client teams.
- Actively participate in the strategic planning process in conjunction with key client team members and translate plans into timelines, budgets, and to-do lists.
- Partner with Client Experience leadership, Industry Leads, and Practice Leaders to ensure strategies are integrated, deadlines are met, and quality of work is up to standard.
- Diligently manage account growth and profitability, and develop annual growth plans to win, keep, and grow accounts.
- Be the conduit of information between client and our internal subject matter experts, including analysts, designers, and content producers. Organize all project and creative briefs needed for new project kick-offs, change orders, and creative kick-offs.
- Effectively present and sell all agency work and proposals to clients.
- Stay apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments as well as trends and competition within the industry to ensure all communications are on the cutting edge of industry standards.
- Maintain client revenue level against the business plan and quarterly projections, including: maintenance and reconciliation of client budgets, billing and approval of invoices, and quarterly projections and monthly reconciliations.
- Serve as quality control on all deliverables to ensure they are on-strategy, on-message, and up-to-par with client expectations.
- Actively seek additional projects/new business from client contacts and play an integral role in new business, driving the Request for Proposal (RFP) process, completing marketing proposals and plans, developing estimates for workflow, and participating in face-to-face new business/client pitches.
- Attend client and industry events to show support of client’s personal and professional interests.
- Consistently demonstrate a passion for digital trends and an understanding of our four key industries (Commercial, Residential, Hospitality, and Retail/Lifestyle).
- Balance analytical thinking and approach with creative thinking and long-term vision.
- Mentor, train, and nurture junior account staff so they can grow and learn more about agency workflow, clients, and industry.
- Maintain a solutions-focused, proactive teamwork style.
- Consistently promote a positive work environment and culture.