Many of our members (individuals living with mental illness(es) have experienced homelessness. Our commitment is to support members in finding and remaining in safe, stable and affordable long-term housing. The Supported Housing Worker will provide exemplary support and assistance to our members to thrive in and maintain their homes.
Shift: Monday - Friday 9am- 5pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Provide ongoing support to individuals living independently through and including weekly to monthly face to face contact, document all meetings and calls on the progress notes.
- Develop and implement service plans, reviewing quarterly with members, revising as needed.
- Liaise with landlord/building management, as needed.
- Ensure monthly rent is paid on-time.
- Provide crisis management.
- Liaise with members collaterals; social practitioners, care managers, Home and Community Based Service supports, physicians and therapists.
- Perform related duties, as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate within the Agency and with external providers such as Physicians, Social Security, Medicaid, landlords and other building management personnel
- Excellent computer and software proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience with AWARDS database preferred.
- Must be able to work under pressure, in a crisis, meet documentation deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing support in a respectful empathic manner.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and to conduct assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in the human services field.
- Experience in human service field preferred.
- Flexible and able to work late, including evenings and weekends.
- Positive, energetic, dynamic, and engaging personality.
- Collaborative & creative approach in work related duties.
- Driver’s license required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and meet all physical requirements satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.