Teall Capital Partners, a Winston-Salem based private equity firm with several portfolio companies in the sports and entertainment space, is currently seeking a Production Technical Art Apparel Manager.
The Production Technical Art Apparel Manager's primary job responsibilities will be to create property-specific art files for all licenses held by one of our portfolio companies. This position will work closely with the Private Label Product Development team, Buying team and Operations team ensuring that all team conversions and revisions follow the designers creative intent and property requirements
- Re-create customer artwork when necessary for various apparel media (print, embroidery, applique, transfer, etc.)
- Create print-ready files
- Due to the volume of work, you will need to work at a quick pace without compromising the quality of the design
- You will work closely with our product development, licensing and production teams to ensure designs meet customer expectations
- Management of third-party contract services for technical production art and web images.
- Liaison between Product Design & Product Development.
- Responsible for the creation of all property submittal documents, approvals, and any necessary revisions.
- Converts apparel styles into multiple teams and creates production-ready tech packs for various media (print, applique, embroidery, transfer, etc).
- Works closely with the Design Team to study layouts, recipes of the proposed concept, and acquire all related materials to make each design successful.
- Proofreads tech packs & web images for errors and must be able to troubleshoot art/embellishment issues and resolve immediately.
- Collaborates with the Design and Product Development Teams to ensure art complies with property specific guidelines, standards, and meets creative intent.
- Assists in the creation of Design boards, assortment pages, submission sheets and collateral images each season.
- Responds quickly to multiple projects and deadlines with strong time-management skills.
- Supports and assists creative teams and product development teams.
- Any additional duties as deemed necessary by management.
- Experience with illustration, and preferably in t-shirt design
- A strong portfolio showcasing previous design work
- Experience in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Superior communication skills
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic or Fashion Design related field
- Minimum 3+ years graphic design, apparel design, and/or apparel product development experience
- Strong sense of color and an understanding of product development
- Licensed apparel experience is a plus
- Detailed-oriented and strong communication and organizational skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented and very thorough
- Must have a keen eye for design consistencies
- Strong composition and typographic skills
- Ability to work as part of a larger, fast-paced team
- Requires minimal direction and can work independently
- Self-motivated and multi-task oriented
- Must possess demonstrated proficiency of MAC and all applicable programs including Adobe Creative Suite programs most notably Illustrator.
- PLM experience preferred