The Facilities Technician completes scheduled maintenance tasks assigned by the Facilities Manager. The Facilities Technician helps operate and maintain the systems within the building including security, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing. Maintenance of furnishings, fixtures and finishes along with occasional janitorial work is required. The Facility Technician works with the Facilities Engineer and the Facilities Manager to execute day to day maintenance and repairs. The Facility Technician partners with the Facilities Manager to ensure safe, efficient and effective operation of FFTC building assets to maximize customer and staff experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager
- Executes tasks assigned by the work order system and updates work order status and equipment maintenance information
- Identifies maintenance, repair and building operational issues that could affect or impair efficient and safe building functioning
- Partners with other Facilities staff including janitorial and security personnel to provide the best guest experience
- Coordinates tasks assigned by the work order system to minimize interruptions to normal daily building activities
- Coordinates with external service providers accessing FFTC systems such as electricians, plumbers, and HVAC technicians
- Responds to facilities systems alerts and maintenance requests under the direction of the Facilities Manager
- On-call availability for occasional evening and weekend response to system alerts and unplanned repairs
- Performs ongoing day-to-day facility maintenance tasks such as painting, drywall repair, carpet cleaning, changing light bulbs, and other tasks as needed or assigned
- Occasionally assists Day Porter as necessary, helps with janitorial tasks, and meeting space support
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.