United Way of Salt Lake (UWSL) is changing the way organizations, communities, schools, governments, and individuals work to fix complex social problems. Together, we can help every child and family succeed at school and life. UWSL’s workplace is fast-paced, friendly, adaptive, and grounded in our core values: relationships, continuous improvement, equity, and results. We offer competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefit package, generous paid time off, and flexible schedules. People with diverse backgrounds and abilities are encouraged to apply. Join us in changing the world and giving everyone in our community the opportunity to live their best life.
The Email Marketing Strategist is responsible for implementing and using technology solutions to help broaden UWSL’s base of support, deepen engagement with current donors, advocates, and volunteers, and increase engagement through email and other digital channels. The EMS is responsible for organizing email campaigns specific to digital marketing and engagement goals and priorities. The EMS will work closely with other teams including Resource Development, Data Operations, Collective Impact, and 211 to develop digital campaigns and analyze results. The ideal candidate should have proven success building and managing a variety of email programs for various audiences.
- Design, build, and manage personalized email campaigns in email marketing platform.
- Provide meaningful analysis of data to stakeholders to proactively adapt/improve strategy and ROI.
- Use data from multiple sources to segment and communicate with constituents. (CRM, email marketing platform, web analytics, etc.)
- Help develop, build, and manage multi-channel digital marketing and fundraising campaigns.
- Integrate email automation into marketing strategies.
- Manage monthly and year-long email campaign calendars across organization.
- Work with United Way Worldwide on cross-marketing email engagement and advocacy campaigns.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate digital strategies with the goal to increase delivery, open, click through, action taken and related success measures.
- Keep contact data clean using automation tools and manual processes to update CRM and email marketing platform(s).
- Organization subject matter expert and business owner of email marketing tools and preference center.
- Digital asset management within email marketing platform.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, exempt position with full benefits. $52,000-57,000. Salary to commensurate with experience.
- Ensures information is complete and accurate, follows up with others to ensure agreements and commitments have been fulfilled
- Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Understands facets of job, aware of duties and responsibilities, keeps job knowledge current.
- Monitors status of projects, thoroughly deals with project details, holds project owners accountable, delivers clear, accurate depiction of status.
- Anticipates and adopts innovations in business building digital and technology applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or comparable experience
- 2 years of experience creating and managing email marketing campaigns through technology; knowledgeable of techniques and trends
- Working knowledge of CRM systems (Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack a plus)
- Proficient with email marketing tools (Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or Pardot a plus)
- Understanding of digital marketing analytics
- Knowledge of CAN-SPAM act, and preference center best practices
- Experience with HTML and CSS coding
- Experience in non-profit a plus
The employee is regularly required to communicate clearly, in oral and written formats, with others in person, over the phone, and via other devices; must be able to transcribe, read extensively, prepare, and analyze data and figures, operate a computer and other standard office machinery. The employee must have the means and ability to travel; to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects weighing up to 30lbs.