The Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption is a national nonprofit public charity dedicated exclusively to finding permanent homes for the more than 150,000 children waiting in North America’s foster care systems. Created by Wendy’s® founder Dave Thomas, who was adopted, the Foundation implements evidence-based, results-driven national service programs, foster care adoption awareness campaigns and innovative grantmaking. The Foundation has an opening for a full-time manager of development data.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Under the direction of the senior director, development, the development data is responsible for the Foundation’s data analysis of the fundraising program, fundraising software management and prospect management and research. The development data manager is part of a high-performing team that implements a comprehensive development program of identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding annual, major and planned gift donors and prospects to support the needs of the Foundation’s mission.
1. Oversee the data analysis of the Foundation’s fundraising program.
- Work with the development, partnership and finance teams to produce actionable strategic data reports and analyses on fundraising program.
- Analyze numerical and qualitative development data to uncover trends and use critical thinking to actualize recommendations for strategic change.
- Produce data visualizations to convey findings to team leadership.
2. Manage the Foundation’s development software.
- Oversee overall management and administration of the Foundation’s fundraising software, including The Raiser’s Edge software, PaperSave, LexisNexis, Wealth Engine and IWave.
- Develop procedures and oversee the integrity and security of fundraising software information and records.
- Review and maintain software contracts, policies and procedures as related to all fundraising activities.
3. Oversee prospect management and research in partnership with fundraising staff.
- Review and manage the internal systems of prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship, with strong emphasis on major gifts prospect management.
- Conduct annual wealth screening. Analyze results and advise on additions to prospect lists.
- Conduct basis research on financial/biographical status of individuals, corporations and foundations by request in advance of prospect meetings/proposals.
The following qualifications are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to serve in this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- 1-3 years of experience with fundraising software, Blackbaud products preferred.
- Remarkable attention to detail.
- Excellent people and communications skills, with an ability to work independently and on a collaborative team; personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission.
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within a fast-moving environment, while also driving towards clarity and solutions; demonstrate resourcefulness in setting priorities and goal and evidence-based activities.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a methodical approach to systems administration and research.
- Ability to analyze and review operational procedures, identify problem areas and optimize performance through procedural changes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit environment preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- No travel anticipated.