The Loan Administrator is responsible for completing various loan operations duties including loan documentation, booking and servicing in compliance with established policies and procedures to ensure the accurate and timely processing of loans consistent with our Client Service Standards.
- Loan Documentation: Completes pre-closing due diligence to ensure sufficient documentation is collected to inform assessment of loan risk; identifies and collaborates with lending team to resolve issues, as needed. Works with third party vendors to obtain title work, flood certifications, Secretary of State and other collateral documentation. Prepares consumer and commercial disclosures and closing documentation that meet loan requirements. May communicate with Attorneys who prepare documents and conduct loan documentation reviews.
- Loan Booking: Accurately inputs loan data into the core system and creates electronic credit file using the Bank’s imaging system. Perfects all collateral and assists with post-close reviews. Collaborates with lending and credit teams to resolve any issues or questions identified. Responsible for daily report resolution, department reporting and client participations.
- Loan Servicing: Accurately completes transactions including disbursement of funds, advances, payments, partial releases, payoffs, and ledger account balancing. Processes paid Promissory Notes and issue Satisfactions. Performs file maintenance and updates Note ticklers. Completes daily Warehouse Line advances and payoffs.
- Collaboration: Partners with AVP, Loan Operations and other loan administrators to ensure consistent processes and procedures are developed and implemented across teams. Provides backup to fellow loan administrators, as needed. Works collaboratively across credit and lending teams to identify opportunities for enhanced client service. Contributes to loan administration training activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time without notice.
Expectations, Skills & Qualifications:
- A role model for our core values: Do the Right Thing, Get Stuff Done (G.S.D), One Team, and Give Generously
- Demonstrated commitment to timely, defect free and caring customer service
- Able to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible to change in a growing organization
- Strong experience working with consumer loans, including TRID loans, HELOCs, and other mortgage loans.
- Proficient at Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; strong technical ability
- Possess the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of organization and attention to detail
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects/tasks
- Demonstrate a collaborative work style and respect for others
- High level of customer service
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Ability to read and interpret documentation such as operating and procedure manuals
- Is accountable for demonstrating compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, Privacy of Consumer Financial Information and all other federal and state rules and regulations as it pertains to their position at the bank.
Education & Experience:
A High School Diploma and a 3-5 years of work experience in related field as loan assistant or loan operations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to type, carry, handle and feel objects, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and more with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception in the window environment and the ability to adjust focus.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- No travel is expected for this position
*The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Tradition Capital Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.